The Advisory Board serves as the interface between Fox students and the financial services industry. It helps tailor course curricula to meet the needs of the industry and creates networking opportunities for students, faculty and industry professionals to promote an internship and employment pipeline.
The Advisory Board meets twice a year on Temple University-Main Campus. Board Meetings are an opportunity for members to collaborate with Fox faculty, university stakeholders and students.
- Board Chair: Joe Cafarchio, EVP, Meridian Bank
- Managing Director: Dr. Justin Vitanza, Assistant Professor
- Director of Research: Dr. Sam Rosen, Assistant Professor
- Department Chair: Dr. Jonathan Scott, Professor
Advisory Board Partner Firms
- Boenning and Scattergood, Inc.
- First Trust Bank
- Fulton Financial Corporation
- Kaplan Partners
- Meridian Bank
- Patriot Financial Partners, L.P.
- TD Bank
- Univest Bank and Trust Co.
Membership and Benefits
- Curriculum feedback to support continuous improvement in the financial services concentration
- Provide teaching support for the Commercial Credit Risk Analysis class
- Speaking opportunities in the classroom and other student-sponsored events
- Internship and job placement fairs sponsored by the department
- Generate ideas for raising scholarship funds to attract talented students to the concentration
- Exchange of ideas for practitioner-oriented research including support of the annual conference
Benefits of Becoming a Board Member
- Shape and recruit talented students for future employment in banking
- Direct practitioner-oriented research that assists with day-to-day decision-making
- Strengthen our academic program to the benefit of the students, faculty and industry