Established at a time of unprecedented change in the financial services industry, the Advanta Center is well-positioned to carry out its agenda to:
- provide the research necessary for financial service corporations and their customers to keep pace with the changing nature of the market, and
- promote the study of financial services in the undergraduate and graduate business curricula.
Through industry-driven basic and applied research, the Advanta Center will address:
- ongoing advances in information technology that have empowered both commercial and individual financial services customers through enhanced information access and technical sophistication,
- the integration of risk management activities among banking, credit, insurance and other financial services sectors, leading to the creation of increasingly complex and versatile products, and
- the globalization of business activity, and the impact of financial services deregulation worldwide.
In addition to its research activities, the Advanta Center will:
- develop industry-specific education programs, including new Financial Services concentrations at both the bachelor’s and master’s levels,
- establish a series of widely publicized business and academic conferences,
- publish working papers, conference proceedings, and the Risk Management and Insurance Review, a journal of the American Risk and Insurance Association, and
- establish a lecture series/visiting scholars program in which students and faculty will interact with national and international leaders from industry and academia.