Intensive Global Experiences
Destination focused learning experiences that bridge the Fox graduate curriculum with an immersion into country-specific culture, language, and business practices.
Intensive Global Experiences with Immediate Applications
Global Immersion Academic Director Kevin Fandl highlights the key benefits to the Global MBA Program.
- Global business in emerging markets
- Exposure to international innovation and entrepreneurship
- Diversity in every aspect
- Understand comparative business environments
- Intensive learning experiences
- Work with global companies to solve crucial problems
Global Immersions. They’re more than just locations.
First year immersion
For the first trip, the destination is selected to awaken the business senses of students and whet their appetites for learning more about distinctions in business across cultures. Students visit important enterprises, start-ups, multinationals, organizations, tour factories, and speak with locals. They also have an opportunity to engage in a service learning project whereby they share their own skills, knowledge and culture with firms, executives, and students in the destination country.
Second year immersion
Students have a more focused learning experience during the second immersion, as they begin to understand not only what cross-cultural differences in business are, but how they affect the economic, social, and political development of the destination country.
- Engage with local custom and culture through activities like dancing, shopping, and going to museums and essential historical landmarks
- Network with entrepreneurs and business leaders from local companies, firms, multinationals, startups, and nonprofits
- Explore local cuisine at the most delicious restaurants in the city
- Meet faculty and researchers from leading international universities and colleges
- Tour your host city with expert guides who’ll give you a true insider’s perspective
Where we’ve been.
GIE 1 2019:
- China and Hong Kong
- Russia and Sweden
GIE 2 2019:
- Chile and Brazil
Where we’re going.
GIE 1 2020:
GIE 2 2020:
- TBA (announced in Sep)
Expose yourself to high-ranking executives at global firms that will expand your portfolio of innovative approaches to the global marketplace.
- One week-long global immersion is required.
- Students learn new global business practices and ideas.
- They’ll meet high-ranking executives at innovative, successful, and unique firms abroad.
2019 Global Immersion Destinations
2020 Global Immersion - TBA - check back in early fall!Learn more about the Executive MBA
ONLINE, PART-TIME, and SPECIALIZED MASTERS
An optional one-week-long global immersion centered around a specific theme is open to online, part-time, and other students in Fox graduate programs. Led by an experienced Fox faculty member as part of a customized 3-credit course offered in the spring, summer or fall semester.
- Gain valuable skills in cross-cultural business understanding
- Learn about unique entrepreneurial environments
- Understand distinct governance and institutional practices across global business environments
Where we went in 2019
- London, England, July 2019
- Italy, November 2019
Where we're going in 2020 - TBAApply for a Graduate Immersion
Here are a few companies that we have visited for the MBA Immersion Trips
United Kingdom (London)
Argentina (Buenos Aires)
Brazil (Sao Paulo)
Cambodia (Siem Reap)
China (Beijing, Shanghai, Hong Kong, Shenzhen and Guangzhou, Suzhou, Tianjin, Wuhan)
Colombia (Bogota, Cartagena, Barranquilla)
Czech Republic (Prague)
France (Paris, Toulouse/Bordeaux)
Indonesia (Jakarta, Yogyakarta)
India (Mumbai, Bangalore, Pune, Delhi, Agra)
Israel (Jerusalem and Tel Aviv)
Japan (Tokyo, Kyoto)
Morocco (Casablanca, Rabat, Marrakesh)
South Africa (Johannesburg, Cape Town)
Vietnam (Hanoi, Ho Chi Minh City)