Fox Without Borders Virtual Immersions
Current Temple graduate students and alumni can now travel to exciting destinations without stepping foot on a plane. Fox Without Borders is a new noncredit program that allows students to experience another country’s culture from a business, social and cultural perspective—all from the comfort of their homes. Each four-week immersion provides an interactive learning environment about a particular country and the opportunity to earn the Global Business Professional Certificate, no passport required. Previous virtual immersion destinations have included Colombia and China.
Each Virtual Immersion series includes:
- Live web conferencing sessions each week for four weeks.
- A high-level introduction to the destination from a Fox faculty member leader.
- Insights about professional, cultural and social experiences from alumni and industry experts who have lived or are currently living in the host country.
- Updates about what’s happening in the country’s economic, business, political, social and cultural landscape.
- A cultural activity relevant to the destination such as food or drink tastings, cooking classes, virtual tours, or music, dance or art experiences.
Fall 2021 virtual destination:
- Egypt: October 13-November 3, Wednesdays 8-9:30 pm ET
Led by Assistant Professor of Practice Sheri Lambert, who has over 25 years of executive management experience, including years of market research consulting engagements across a wide range of industries around the world. During the Fox Without Borders Egypt series, you’ll get an immersive look at the historically rich country of Egypt and learn from experts and executives from the country’s automotive, telecommunication, and service industries. You’ll discover how they are using innovation, AI, and machine-learning to drive marketing competitive advantage both locally within the Middle East and North Africa (MENA) region, as well as globally.