On Thursday, June 4, 2020, the Fox School faculty and staff came together to celebrate the best part about the school: its people. For the first time ever, due to COVID-19 and remote work, the IMPACT Awards, Crystal Apple Teaching Awards Academic Department Teaching Awards and the Administrative Service Awards were combined into one virtual event.
“Honoring our award winners in one ceremony also speaks to how we’ve come together to form an inclusive culture and rallied around each other this semester,” Dean Ron Anderson said during the event. “This could have been a particularly trying spring, but all of you stepped up to make sure that was not the case.”
Fox Lifetime Achievement Award: Professor Rajeswararao (Raj) Chaganti
Educational Innovation Pillar Winner: Programming – The Reading, Writing and Arithmetic of the 21st Century
Representatives: MIS 2101 Faculty: Iris Burrell, Brian Downey, Mart Doyle, Jaclyn Hansberry, Jonathan Latko, Amy Lavin, Marie-Christine Martin, Anthony Messina, Courtney Minich, Mary Muldoon, AJ Raven, Steve Sclarow – Course Coordinator, and Kapish Vanvaria.
Community Engagement Pillar Winner: SBDC Growth and Outreach
Representatives: The Small Business Development Center – Maura Shenker, Cherrill Wilson, Jamie Shanker-Passero, Maureen Herczeg, Karl Kraus, Erika Tapp-Duran, John Ondik, Kiki Leavy, Leyanis Diaz, Blandine Chantepie-Kari and Elaina DeHoratius.
Inclusive Culture Pillar Winner: AACSB Accreditation
Representatives: Debbie Campbell, Barbara Manaka, Laura Aboyan, Skylar Carmody, Jake Hershman, David Kaiser, Lauren Kerner, Matthew Kunkle, John Mack, and Patricia Terry.
Research Leadership Pillar Winner: The Expert Series on IGTV: Translating Research Through Social Media.
Representatives: Kelly Sharadin, Senior Videographer & Editor Taylor Tropea, Digital Marketing Specialist.
Crystal Apple Teaching Awards
- MS in Accounting BNAI Faculty of the Year Award – Marco Malandra
- MS Program in Digital Innovation in Marketing Faculty of the Year Award – Amy Lavin
- MS Program in Business Analytics Faculty of the Year Award – Lauren Spirko-Burns
- Part-Time MBA Faculty of the Year Award – Ryan Vogel
- Global MBA Program Faculty of the Year Award – Amy Lavin
- MS Program in Finance – Satyajit Karnik
Fox Business Honors Faculty of the Year – Amy Lavin
Academic Department Teaching Awards
- MSCM Department Teaching Award – Jennifer Sundstrom-Fitzgerald
- MIS Faculty Leadership Award – Steven Sclarow
- MIS Full-time Faculty Teaching Award – Min-Seok Pang
- MIS Part-time Faculty Teaching Award – Liang Yao
- RIHM – Gamma Iota Sigma Outstanding Teacher Award – Jeffrey Zheng
- Legal Studies Part-Time Faculty Teaching Award – Anthony Lopes
Administrative Service Awards
- FSBM Administrative Service Award – Brisilda Doma
- Diamond Award – Cynthia Smith
- Administrative Customer Service Award for Outstanding Service to Faculty & Staff – Laura Aboyan
- Administrative Customer Service Award for Outstanding Service to Students – Kimberly Sakil
- Administrative Customer Service Award for Outstanding Service to the Community – Maureen Cannon
- Administrative Rising Star Award – (3 of these awards total) Laura Long, Megan Alt, Meghan Wherrity