|Office:||Alter Hall 435|
|Research Interests:||Corporate Finance, The Global Financial Crisis of 2008, The Challenges Facing the Eurozone|
Steve Casper is a professor of finance in Temple University’s Fox School of Business, teaching both undergraduate and graduate students. He is also the Managing Director of the Fox Executive Doctorate in Business Administration program.
Steve has more than 20 years of experience in marketing and management in the information technology industry. He has served as IBM’s senior executive in West Virginia and as a business unit executive for the eastern United States. He also directed IBM’s distribution channels marketing on a global basis. Steve has earned numerous leadership, management, and performance awards from IBM. Currently, Steve serves as general partner in New Hope Property & Management, which develops, owns and manages commercial real estate in New Jersey and eastern Pennsylvania.
Steve presently serves as the Vice President of the Board of Trustees for KIPP Philadelphia Charter Schools, and is a past board member of the West Virginia Business Roundtable and the Amateur Sports Hall of Fame. As a member of Big Brothers/Big Sisters, he was honored as the South Philadelphia Big Brother of the Year. He holds a bachelor’s degree in civil engineering and an MBA from Villanova University. He received his PhD, with a specialization in international business and finance, from Temple University.
Steve is married and has three children. Kristen teaches high school in north Philadelphia as part of the Teach for America program, David is in medical school at Thomas Jefferson University in Philadelphia, and Tanya is in 10th grade at The Hill School. Steve’s interests include water sports, sailing, reading, travel, and working to improve K-12 education in Philadelphia.
- Superior Faculty Advisor of the Year – 2013 (National Financial Management Association)
- Member of IBM Hundred Percent Club 14 out of 15 years on a sales quota
- 2 Golden Circles, 4 Leadership Awards, numerous Vice President awards
- Consistently rated as a “1” (top) performer by all managers over last 14 years at IBM
- Selected as South Philadelphia Big Brother of the Year
- Executive MBA – Financing the Enterprise
- MBA – Financial Analysis and Strategy
- Undergraduate – Intermediate Corporate Finance