It’s a big world. Immerse yourself.
Whether you embark on a global immersion trip or decide to study abroad, Fox Global provides opportunities for you to experience new cultures and gain tools to succeed in global business.
Global immersions. They’re more than just locations.
Fox School Global Immersions
Global Immersions are short study trips embedded in the 3-credit IB 2509 course, that allow students a chance to experience global business in person rather than simply learning about it in the classroom. Students will engage in a number of learning opportunities, including meeting with business executives in the destination country, touring factories, interacting with government officials and learning about the business environment from locals.
Professor: Sheri Lambert
Spring 2023 Course
Course topics: marketing, market research and supply chain, international business, consulting.
Professor: Katie Gerst
Spring 2023 Course
Course topics: marketing, supply chain, international business.
Professor: Jim Thompson
Spring 2023 Course
Course topics: marketing, sustainability, international business.
What are students saying?
Short-term Global Immersions FAQ
What is a Short-Term Global Immersion?
Global immersions are short study trips embedded into an international business-oriented course that allow students a chance to experience global business rather than simply learning about it in the classroom.
- Led by an experienced Fox faculty member
- Customized 3-credit course offered in the spring or fall semester*
- Gain valuable skills in cross-cultural business understanding
- Learn about unique entrepreneurial environments
- Understand distinct governance and institutional practices across global business environments
Unlike a study abroad trip focused on classroom learning and sightseeing, the Fox Global Immersions are meant to:
- Expose students to the environment of business by taking them to targeted destinations that offer a robust and profound practical business experience.
- Engage in learning opportunities, including meeting with business executives in the destination country, touring factories, interacting with government officials, learning about business from locals.
- Tour key sites and service learning projects
Global Immersions offer a number of possible benefits for students from any background and in any academic track.
- Language acquisition
- International networking
- Intercultural competence
- Leadership skills
- Hands-on learning
- Global awareness
- Relationship building
Yes. The undergraduate global immersion experience is embedded in the 3-credit IB2509 course. Your instructor for that course will be the same faculty member that leads you through the immersion experience, giving you the added benefit of in-depth preparation prior to departure as well as valuable insights while on the immersion. You should register for the course associated with the immersion experience of interest to you.
Because this course is being offered for credit, it may qualify for funding through your student loan program. In addition, grant funding may be available in limited quantities for certain qualifying students.
Semester/Summer Study Abroad Programs
Temple University’s Education Abroad Office has provided a quick reference guide for Fox students to assist you as you plan your study abroad experience.Download quick reference guide
The first step towards participating in a study abroad program is to connect with the Education Abroad Office by attending a Foundations of Study Abroad Session.Learn More and Register
Visit The Office of Education Abroad to view all program deadlines.
Powerful Combination: International Business + Academic Discipline
Dr. Bertrand Guillotin, assistant professor and International Business Program academic director, discusses the benefits to an undergraduate international business education.
- Integrated academic discipline
- Career advancement
- Higher salaries
- International Business Student Association
- Catalyst to student professional development