TL Hill is Professor of Strategic Management at Temple University’s Fox School of Business. He serves as Managing Director of both the Translational Research Center and Fox Management Consulting. TL teaches highly experiential classes, including the MBA capstone, featuring live client projects (501 projects and counting!), the Fox Board Fellows nonprofit governance class, and community and executive education workshops. TL conducts theory-focused research on organization design and governance, social legitimacy and political risk and social networks in innovation, while also working on action research focused on experiential education, social impact, and the management of social ventures. TL is co-author of more than 35 peer-reviewed publications and commissioned reports and serves on the editorial board of the Academy of Management Review.
- Onuklu, Atilla, Hill, TL, Darendeli, Izzet & Genc, Omer, 2020. Poison or Antidote: How Subnational Informal Institutions Exacerbate and Ameliorate Institutional Voids. Journal of International Management, Vol. ahead-of-print, No. ahead-of-print. Accepted for publication, 19 October 2020.
- Darendeli, Izzet, Hill, TL, Rajwani, Tazeeb, Cheng, Yunlin. Surviving the Arab Spring: Socially Beneficial Product Portfolios and Resilience to Political. Multinational Business Review, Vol. ahead-of-print, No. ahead-of-print. Online publication date 28 September 2020. doi 10.1108/MBR-11-2019-0156.
- Blau, Gary, Hill, TL, Nash, David, Paris, Dennis. 2020. Live problems v. live clients: Which is most effective for perceived learning of MBA-level marketing concepts? Accepted for publication in Journal of Education and Development, 4(3): 46-53. Published online November 2020, doi:10.20849/jed.v4i3.806. Print version due December 2020.
- Blau, Gary, Hill, TL, Cannon, Maureen. Exploring the relationships between nonprofit management education and career impact: Scale development and comparison, Journal of Education for Business, Published online only: 18 March 2020, doi: 10.1080/08832323.2020.1738990
- Hill, TL, Andersson, Lynne, DeWhitt, Becca, Thanh, Claire. 2019. The Inside-Out Prison Exchange Program: Impact on Stakeholders. Ivey Publishing. Online and print available as of 9 August 2019.
- Mudambi, Ram, Meoloud, Tah Ahmed, Hill, TL. 2019. The Metropolitan Effect: Colonial Influence on the Internationalization of Francophone African Firms. Management and Organization Review, 15(1): 31-53. Published online November 2018 doi: 10.1017/mor.2019.3. Print publication, March 2019.
- Nash, Dave, Hill, TL & Anthony, Marilyn. 2018. Experiential learning for MBAs: Are we closing the business competency gap? Journal of Business, Economics and Technology, 21(1). Spring. Print version available 18 July 2018.
- Multiple authors. 2018. Pennsylvania Agriculture: A Look at the Economic Impact and Future Trends. Fox Management Consulting and Econsult Solutions.
- Hill, TL & Zach, Florian. 2017. (October). Network, knowledge and relationship impacts on innovation in tourism destinations. Tourism Management, 62: 196-207. Published online April 2017 doi: 10.1016/j.tourman.04.001. Print publication, October 2017.
- Hill, TL & Darendeli, Izzet. 2016. Uncovering the complex relationships between political risk and MNE firm legitimacy: Insights from Libya. Journal of International Business Studies, 47 (1): 68-92. doi: 10.1057/jibs.2015.27. Print publication, January 2016.
- Hill, TL & Scott, Jonathan. 2015. Knows My Business: The Association between Preference for Relational Governance and Owners’ Choice of Banks. Journal of Small Business Management, 53 (Issue Supp. 1, 10/2015): 174-192. doi: 10.1111/jsbm.12193. Special issue published 18 September 2020 (only online).
- Hill, TL, Feinberg, Susan & Darendeli, Izzet Sidki. 2015. An institutional perspective on nonmarket strategies for a world in flux. In Lawton, Thomas C. & Rajwani, Tazeeb, eds., The Routledge Companion to Non-Market Strategy. (NY: Routledge): 29-46. Print publication, April 2015.
- Hill, TL, Kothari, Tanvi & Shea, Matt. 2010. Patterns of meaning in the social entrepreneurship literature: semantic network analysis insights. Journal of Social Entrepreneurship, 1 (1): 5-31.
- Hill, TL and Barbara Ferman. 2004. The challenges of agenda conflict in higher-education-community research partnerships: Views from the community side. Journal of Urban Affairs 26 (2): 241-257.
Fox School of Business, Temple University
- Enterprise Management Consulting capstone
- Social Entrepreneurship Seminar
- Nonprofit Governance (Fox Board Fellows)
Media Mentions & Public Series
- Sep. 21, 2020. Fox School Catalyst Podcast, The Business of Social Issues.
- Autumn 2020. Empathy in the Classroom discussion series.
- Spring 2020. Post Pandemic: Stories of Organizational Resilience and Innovation, a 14-week series of public webcasts with discussion for business leaders.
- Jan. 21, 2020, Philadelphia Inquirer, OpEd: Philly’s gun violence solutions require state and city funding
- Oct. 18, 2018, Temple News
- Aug. 22, 2018, Technically Philly
- April 9, 2018, Technically Philly
- Jan. 4, 2018, Philadelphia Inquirer