Group will lead the charge in ensuring that DEI efforts are at core of schools’ mission
PHILADELPHIA, October 20, 2020 — In our ongoing efforts to deepen our commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion, the Fox School and School of Sport, Tourism and Hospitality Management (STHM) have launched a Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI) Council. The council will lead, advocate for, coordinate, inform and ensure DEI efforts are a larger part of the schools’ culture, operations and practices.
The council includes 20 members from the Fox School and STHM. They include six Fox and three STHM members appointed by the dean; five Fox members voted in by faculty and staff; and two Fox and one STHM student leaders. All members of the council are expected to serve a minimum of one year.
The council also includes Fox faculty members Leora Eisenstadt and Patrick McKay as well as Jodi Weisberg of the Dean’s Office. Eisenstadt of the Department of Legal Studies is the director of the new Center for Ethics, Diversity and Workplace Culture (CEDWC), while McKay of the Department of Human Resources Management is an expert in diversity and diversity climates. Weisberg is manager of staff affairs for the Fox School and STHM, a University EOC Ombudsperson and a passionate advocate for DEI initiatives committed to fostering an inclusive culture. Once the council is fully established, members will elect two co-chairs to lead the group.
“The DEI Council will lead the charge in shifting the culture and will advocate for and lead initiatives that ensure DEI values fully connect into every aspect of our schools,” says Ron Anderson, dean of both schools. “Positive change does not come overnight. But I am confident that with the new council, we can bring real, tangible change to both schools.”
2020-2021 Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Council Members
- Leora Eisenstadt, associate professor in the Department of Legal Studies
- Patrick McKay, Stanley and Franny Wang Professor of Human Resource Management
- Jodi Weisberg, manager of staff affairs at Fox and STHM
Fox Dean Appointments
- Curtis Gregory, assistant professor of instruction in the Department of Strategic Management
- Melissa Glenn-Fleming, assistant professor of practice in the Department of Marketing and Supply Chain Management
- Vanessa Lawrence, associate professor in the Department of Legal Studies
- Lisa Fitch, senior associate director of PhD Programs
- Elvita Quinones, associate director in the Center for Undergraduate Advising
- Patricia Terry, assistant director of Curriculum Management and Assessment
Fox Appointments Voted in by Faculty and Staff
- Amanda Barber, senior associate director in the Dean’s Office
- Brandon Evans, technology and administrative support specialist in Fox Information Technology
- Kamina Richardson, assistant program director in the Department of Legal Studies
- Krupa Viswanathan, associate professor in the Department of Risk, Insurance, and Healthcare Management
- Tilan Tang, assistant professor of research in the Department of Finance
STHM Dean Appointments
- Debra Blair, associate professor and director of Organizational Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
- Naima Hall, director of the Center for Student Professional Development and director of Student Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
- Elizabeth Taylor, assistant professor in the Department of Sport and Recreation Management
Fox Student Appointments
- Diamond Hunter
- Shawn Aleong
STHM Student Appointment
- Scott Brown, Jr.