In honor of its Centennial anniversary, the Fox School of Business brought together alumni, students, faculty, staff, and friends of Temple University at Foxtoberfest, an outdoor event featuring food trucks, vendors, entertainment, giveaways, and a beer garden.
The fall festival was a century in the making, taking place 100 years after Temple’s business school was founded as the School of Commerce in 1918. Foxtoberfest celebrated entrepreneurship, a key pillar of the Fox School, by featuring Temple alumni-owned businesses, ranging from popular food trucks and donuts to a cell phone repair company and artists.
Among the more than 25 vendors lining Liacouras Walk and Montgomery and 13th Streets, 18 were alumni-owned, including:
- 2 Street Sammies (Nathan Baynes, EDU ’08)
- Affinity Confections (Joseph Green, FOX ’12)
- The Cow and The Curd (Rob Mitchell, EDU ’95, ’96)
- Damsel in Defense (Jennifer Britto, FOX ’98)
- Factory Donuts (David Restituto, FOX ’96)
- Keith Hack (TYL ’14)
- Li Ping Corn Co (David Kaufman, FOX ’82)
- Lee.Designs19 (Christy Love, TYL ’13)
- Perade (Performance Adejayan, FOX ’18)
- Philly Fry (Rich Screnci, STHM ’15)
- Repair U (Jesse DiLaura, FOX ’16)
- Ronald Seals, Jr. (TYL ’11)
- Simply Good Jars (Jared Cannon, FOX ’16)
- Stuff’d Buns (Rachel Knable, KLN ’12)
- The Tot Cart (Julie Crist, KLN ’02)
- Virgo III Ltd. (Traci Manuel, FOX ’85)
- Weckerly’s (Andy Satinsky, CLA ’04)
- Whimsicle (Tonae Simon, CST ’07)
As part of the celebrations, the first 100 people to each food truck and vendor were treated to free food, such as caramel apple and pumpkin bourbon ice cream sandwiches from Weckerly’s; roasted corn on the cob from Li Ping Corn Co; fried cheese curds from The Cow & The Curd; and healthy treats like gourmet fruit pops from Whimsicle and jars of fresh, local, and organic ingredients from Simply Good Jars. Factory Donuts took the celebration to the next level by bringing along 1,000 fresh donuts from its headquarters in Northeast Philly to the Temple community.
Attendees over the age of 21 years old mingled in the on-campus beer garden, playing lawn games and enjoying brews from alumni-owned breweries, including Love City Brewing (Melissa Walter, EDU ’11) and Victory Brewing Company (Bill Covaleski, TYL ’85).
Relive the celebration with our photo gallery and share your experience at the event by tagging #FOX100 and connecting with the Fox School on social media. To get involved with and commemorate the 100th anniversary of the Fox School of Business, visit the Centennial website to travel through an interactive timeline, share your story, and attend an upcoming event.