Risk is present everywhere, and it can threaten the operations of any organization, large or small. But how is it being managed … if at all?
“That’s a critically important question that leaders everywhere need to be asking themselves,” said M. Michael Zuckerman, an associate professor of risk, insurance, and healthcare management at Temple University.
Temple’s Fox School of Business welcomes industry leaders, educators, practitioners, and students to the 2018 Enterprise Risk Management Conference: Principles for ERM Innovation, on May 15. The conference will focus on the future of enterprise risk management, a method through which organizations can mitigate threats while also capitalizing on opportunities that support their primary objectives.
“Today, we’re seeing that risk can surface in multiple forms: cybersecurity, supply chain, climate change, human capital, data analytics, and beyond,” said Zuckerman, one of the conference’s organizers. “One goal of this conference is to help any organization—large or small, profit or non-profit, public or private—in addressing these risks, either through the launch of its enterprise risk management program or to proliferate its existing program.”
The Fox School of Business arranged an all-day agenda of leading practitioners and educators, including:
- Carol Fox: Vice President of Strategic Initiatives at the Risk & Insurance Management Society (RIMS)
- John Littig: Chief Finance and Underwriting Officer of The Risk Authority, Stanford University Health System
- Kelly Botti, Esq.: Chief Risk Officer and Corporate Counsel, Trumark Financial Credit Union
- Michelle Histand: Director of Innovation, Independence Blue Cross
- Andrew Tait: P.E., Senior Consultant and Practice Leader, Core Risks Ltd., A JLT Specialty USA Company
Visit the Fox School’s website for more on the conference, organized with support from management consulting firm Navigate as well as the Spencer Educational Foundation.
Media requests: Please send requests to Christopher A. Vito, associate director of communications & media relations, Temple University’s Fox School of Business, at firstname.lastname@example.org