The Lori Hermelin Bush Seed Fund
Call for Submissions
The Lori Hermelin Bush Seed Fund supports ideas and models that advance women in entrepreneurship. The Fund provides seed funding ranging from $500-$10,000 based on defined needs. Funds are provided with the purpose of supporting companies in proving their concept, and where the money will have a significant impact on the company’s ability to progress. Ideas or ventures should be scalable, innovative, and further advance women in entrepreneurship (ex: has women founders or co-founders, impacts women in society, etc).
Submission deadline is Wednesday, May 23, 2018.
Open to current students and alums who have graduated within the past two years (May 2016 or later).
All submissions must be in the portal by 11:59pm.
Selected finalists will pitch on June 6, 2018.
- 1-2 page Executive Summary
- Brief company description containing no more than 200 characters explaining your company, product, or service
- Requested dollar amount and an explanation of how funds will be used
- Pitch deck
- In the “Notes” section of each slide, please be sure to include an explanation of content on that slide.
- Please note that you do not need to follow the exact order of slides found in the guidelines, but you do need to include all of the information somewhere.
- If you need 1-2 slides to convey topic-specific information, that is okay, but you should be able to deliver the presentation in 9 minutes.
All submissions must be made through the Wizehive Portal.