|Office:||Alter Hall 447|
|Research Interests:||Taxation, Real Estate, Advanced Accounting Topics|
David (Dave) Jones joined the Accounting Department in Fall 2015. Dave received his Doctor Management degree from Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland Ohio and was a tax partner with Ernst & Young, LLP before retirement in 2006 as the Global CEO of the firm’s Global Mobility Services. Dave has been a professor at Slippery Rock University and Case Western Reserve University prior to joining Temple. Dave’s research interests include practitioner-oriented tax research in general topics and real estate tax, and behavioral trends among tax professionals. Dave is active with students, a faculty advisor for an accounting student professional organization and leads the Department’s relationship with AACSB International, (an accreditation association) the world’s largest business education network connecting students, academia, and business to advance business education worldwide.
- “Between a Rock and a Hard Place: How Tax Practitioners Straddle Client Advocacy and Professional Responsibility” Timothy J. Fogarty and David E. Jones, Qualitative Research in Accounting and Management, Vol 11, No 4. 2014 pp 286-316.
- “A FREE Tax Deduction gets a Boost”, David E. Jones, Real Estate Law Journal, projected publication date Winter 2017.
- David Jones, “But What There is More: Passthrough Deduction, Part 2”, The Real Estate Law Journal, Spring 2019.
- David Jones and Wayne Williams, “The Section 199A Passthrough Deduction”, The Real Estate Law Journal, Summer 2018.
- David Jones and Marco Malandra, “Passthrough Loss Limitation Hurdles and the New IRC Section 461(I) Provisions”, The Real Estate Law Journal, Fall 2018.
- Most Involved Faculty SPO Banquet April 2016
- Faculty of the Year 2015-2016 MAcc program
Fox School of Business, Temple University
- Federal Taxes on Income ( BBA)
- Advanced Accounting (BBA)
- Advanced Federal Taxation (MAcc)