Point of Contact: Sarah Mailloux
Program Format: Online Meeting (Live)
Training Topics: Business Start-up/Preplanning, COVID-19 General Support, Managing a Business
Have your finances been impacted by the pandemic and pushed you to start thinking about launching a small business? Join this introductory presentation to break down the nuts and bolts of what is needed to start a business.
Attendees will be able to:
– Recognize steps to starting a business
– Utilize market research and business planning tools to prepare their business feasibility
– Understand differing legal structures and funding options
– Learn how to decide if starting a business is right for you!
– Start-up businesses
– Individuals in the ideation and research stages
– Individuals preparing to launch their business
– Intermediate businesses looking for refreshers
Elaina DeHoratius joined Temple’s SBDC as a Business Consultant in March 2020. She has been in the consulting field for the past few years, but has experience working in and with nonprofits, custom brokerage firms, market research facilities, and financial institutions in departments such as Organizational Effectiveness, Talent Management, Legal, Compliance, and Risk. She has experience counseling and working with entrepreneurs, with business plan creation and development, and with conducting and providing customized industry, market, and competitor research/analyses. She graduated from Temple University’s Fox School of Business Honors program with a BBA in Human Resource Management and International Business, with a concentration in Entrepreneurship, and holds an MS in Globalization and Development Communication from Temple University’s Klein College of Media and Communication and a MS in Digital Innovation in Marketing from Temple University’s Fox School of Business.Instructions:
Zoom link sent upon registration. Confirm that email address is correct.