Leora Eisenstadt is an Associate Professor in the Department of Legal Studies at the Fox School of Business at Temple University. She teaches in the Honors Program, the Fox Undergraduate Program, and the Online MBA program. Prior to joining the faculty at the Fox School, Professor Eisenstadt spent two years as a Freedman Teaching Fellow and Lecturer in Law at Temple University’s Beasley School of Law. Professor Eisenstadt’s areas of scholarship and interest include employment law, business law, law and linguistics, work-family conflict, sex discrimination, race and the law, and public policy.
Professor Eisenstadt received her J.D., cum laude from New York University School of Law and her B.A. in History, cum laude from Yale University. From 2003 to 2004, she was a Fulbright Fellow in Israel studying sex equality and the development of Israeli equal employment opportunity law. She served as a two-year law clerk to the Honorable R. Barclay Surrick in the Eastern District of Pennsylvania and spent several years in the Labor & Employment Group at Dechert LLP litigating cases and counseling clients in employment discrimination issues, general employment matters, and Title IX-related litigation.
Eisenstadt is the recipient of numerous awards for her work including the Lindback Foundation Award for Distinguished Teaching, the Virginia Maurer Distinguished Ethics Paper Award, the Ralph Hoeber Memorial Award for Outstanding American Business Law Journal Article, and she is a three-time winner of the Jackson Lewis Outstanding Employment Law Paper Award.
- Data Analytics and the Erosion of the Work/Non-Work Divide, 56 American Business Law Journal (ABLJ) 445 (2019).
- Whistleblowers Need Not Apply, 55 American Business Law Journal (ABLJ) 665 (2018) (with Jennifer Pacella).
- Enemy and Ally: Religion in Loving v. Virginia and Beyond, 86 Fordham L. Rev. 2659 (2018).
- Suppressed Anger, Retaliation Doctrine, and Workplace Culture, 20 University of Pennsylvania Journal of Business Law 147 (2018) (with Deanna Geddes).
- Causation in Context, 36 Berkeley J. Emp. & Lab. L. 1 (2015).
- Legal and Policy Issues in the Workplace (LAW 3524)
- Pre-law Internship Seminar (LAW 3581)
- Legal Environment of Business (LAW 1101, 1901)
- Awards & Honors: Fox School Award for Excellence in Policy Research (2019)
- Fox School Dean’s Research Honor Roll (top 10 scholars in 2019)
- Ralph Hoeber Memorial Award for Outstanding ABLJ Article (2019)
- Academy of Legal Studies in Business Distinguished Proceedings Award (2019)
- Jackson Lewis Outstanding Employment Law Paper Award (2019)
- Best Conference Paper, Mid-Atlantic Academy of Legal Studies in Business (2018)
- Jackson Lewis Outstanding Employment Law Paper Award (2018)
- Academy of Legal Studies in Business Distinguished Proceedings Award (2017)
- Jackson Lewis Outstanding Employment Law Paper Award (2017)
- Dean’s Teaching Fellow (2017-2019)
- Grants & Funding: Fox School Young Scholars