Dr. In-Sue Oh (PhD, Tippie College of Business, University of Iowa) is the Charles E. Beury Professor in the Department of Human Resource Management at the Fox School of Business, Temple University.
His research and teaching interests include personnel selection constructs (e.g., personality, cognitive ability) and methods (meta-analysis, employment interviews), strategic human resource management and human capital resources, and person-organization relationships (e.g., person-organization fit, support). Dr. Oh has published over 80 scholarly articles with many of them in top tier journals such as the Academy of Management Journal, Journal of Applied Psychology, Personnel Psychology, and Organizational Behavior and Human Decision Processes. He has received many scholarly awards including the two most prestigious early career contributions awards in his field of research: the 2014 Early Career Achievement Award from the Academy of Management (AOM) HR Division and the 2016 Distinguished Early Career Contributions Award from the Society for Industrial and Organizational Psychology (SIOP). He is also the recipient of the two most prestigious scholarly achievement awards in his field of research: the 2016 AOM HR Division Scholarly Achievement Award and the 2017 and 2018 William A. Owens Scholarly Achievement Award from SIOP. He has served on the editorial review boards of the Journal of Applied Psychology, Academy of Management, Personnel Psychology, Journal of Management, Journal of Organizational Behavior, Leadership Quarterly, Organizational Research Methods, and Journal of Business and Psychology and served as an Associate Editor of the Journal of Occupational and Organizational Psychology. He currently serves as an Associate Editor of the Journal of Applied Psychology.
- Oh, I.-S. (2020) Beyond meta-analysis: Secondary uses of meta-analytic data. Annual Review of Organizational Psychology and Organizational Behavior, 7, 125-153.
- Han, J., Kang, S., Oh, I.-S., Kehoe, R. R., & Lepak, D. (2019). The Goldilocks effect of strategic human resource management? Optimizing the benefits of a high performance work system through the dual alignment of vertical and horizontal fit. Academy of Management Journal, 62(5), 1388-1412.
- Oh, I.-S., Kim, S., & Van Iddekinge, C. H. (2015). Take it to another level: Do personality-based human capital resources matter to firm performance? Journal of Applied Psychology, 100(2), 935-947.
- Oh, I.-S., Wang, G., & Mount, M. K. (2011). Validity of observer ratings of the Five-Factor Model of personality: A meta-analysis. Journal of Applied Psychology, 96(4), 762-773.
- Oh, I.-S., & Berry, C. M. (2009). The Five-Factor Model of personality and managerial performance: Validity gains through the use of 360 degree performance ratings. Journal of Applied Psychology, 94(6), 1498-1513
Awards and Honors
- 2017, 2018 William A. Owens Scholarly Achievement Award, Society for Industrial and Organizational Psychology (SIOP)
- 2017 Profiled as the 3rd Most Published Author in the Journal of Applied Psychology during the 2009-2015 period (JAP, 102(3), pp. 580–588)
- 2017 Musser Award for Excellence in Research, Fox School of Business, Temple University
- 2016 Distinguished Early Career Contributions Award, SIOP
- 2016 Scholarly Achievement Award, Academy of Management’s HR Division
- 2016 Gallup Korea Research Award (1st place), Gallup Korea and the Korean Association for Survey Research
- 2015 Journal of Organizational Behavior (JOB) Best Reviewer Award
- 2014 Early Career Achievement Award, Academy of Management’s HR Division
- 2013 Joyce and Robert Hogan Award for Personality and Performance from the SIOP Foundation
- HRM 9001: Managing Human Resources (Strategic/Macro Human Resource Management)
- HRM 9005: Functional/Micro Human Resource Management
- HRM 9006: Meta-analysis and Research Synthesis Methods (Doctoral Seminar)