Arvind Parkhe is a Professor of Strategy and International Business at the Fox School of Business, Temple University. Prior to joining Temple in 2003, he was on the faculty of the Kelley School of Business, Indiana University [Bloomington], 1989-2003. He holds a B.Tech. from IIT-Bombay [India], MBA from Georgia State University, and Ph.D. from Temple University. He is the recipient of numerous research, teaching, and service excellence awards.
In research, he has published articles on strategic alliances in all of the top journals in management, strategy, and international business, including Academy of Management Journal, Academy of Management Review, Strategic Management Journal, Organization Science, and Journal of International Business Studies. He is an impactful, highly-cited author. He has served as a guest editor of AMR  and Journal of International Management . His research excellence awards include AIB Best Dissertation Award , JIBS Decade Award , and several best paper awards at national and international conferences.
In teaching, he was recognized as outstanding faculty at the Ph.D. level [Indiana University’s Doctoral Student Association Distinguished Teaching Award, 1997], Masters level [2006, 2012, 2017], and Undergraduate level [1994, 2000, 2004]. He has chaired several Ph.D. dissertations.
In service, he was elected Vice President of the Consortium for Undergraduate International Business Education  and served as Managing Director of the Fox MBA Programs [2005-2010]. From 2010 to 2020, he was Chair of the Strategic Management Department. He received the Musser Outstanding Service Award  and Temple University’s Faculty Service Excellence Award .
- Parkhe, A. (2011) “Form follows function? Interorganizational networks as a strategic imperative for global strategies”, Global Strategy Journal, 1:86-89.
- Parkhe, A. (2010). “Research Issues and Future Directions in Strategic Alliances”, International Journal of Strategic Business Alliances, 1: 392-397.
- Parkhe, Arvind, & Kim, J.H. (2009), “Competing Similarity and Cooperating Similarity in Global Strategic Alliances,” British Journal of Management, 20: 364-376.
- Parkhe, Arvind (2007), “Japan’s Network Economy: Structure, Persistence, and Change,” Academy of Management Review, 32: 303-307.
- Parkhe, Arvind (2007), “International Outsourcing of Services,” Journal of International Management, 13: 3-6.
- Parkhe, Arvind, Wasserman, S., & Ralston, D. A. (2006), “New Frontiers in Network Theory Development,” Academy of Management Review, 31: 560-569.
- Dhanaraj, C., & Parkhe, Arvind (2006), “Orchestrating Innovation Networks,” Academy of Management Review, 31: 659-669.
- Parkhe, Arvind (2006), “Research Methods in Alliances,” in Handbook of Strategic Alliances, O. Shenkar and J. Reuer (eds.), Beverly Hills, CA: Sage, pp. 369-380.
Awards and Honors
- 2014 Best Paper Award, Academy of International Business Southwest Chapter, Strategic Management Track [with Omer Genc and J.J. Choi], “How Do International Acquisitions Affect the Competitiveness of Companies?”, Dallas.
- Author with highest citations and highest average citations per paper of all Academy of International Business [AIB] best dissertation award winners and finalists [1987-2012], according to “The research productivity of the AIB Farmer Award Finalists,” Daniel O’Connell and Alan Rugman, Multinational Business Review, 21:4, November 2013.
- Ranked as an impactful, highly-cited scholar in Management research in past 3 decades, both in citations and in number of pages indexed by Google, in “Scholarly Impact Revisited,” Academy of Management Perspectives, 2012: 105-132.
- Ranked in top 5% in number of publications and in top 9% in citations per paper in a study of 65 Management journals in the ISI database, Rotterdam School of Management, Erasmus University, 2010.
- Laura H. Carnell Professor, Temple University, 2008.
- Dean’s Research Honor Roll, Fox School, 2007.
- Chair, Academy of International Business Best Paper Award Committee, 2007.
- Guest Editor, Journal of International Management Special Issue, “International Outsourcing of Services: Expanding the Research Agenda,” 2007.
- Ranked as the author with highest research volume (articles in top-tier journals) and research impact (citations) in International Management, as reported by M.W. Peng & J.Q. Zhou (2006), “Most Cited Articles and Authors in Global Strategy Research,” Journal of International Management, 12: 490-508.
- Guest Editor (with S. Wasserman and D.A. Ralston), Academy of Management Review (AMR) Special Issue, “Building Effective Networks,” 2006. [JVC list A journal]
- Academy of International Business (AIB) “Best Paper Award” and “Haynes Prize” Selection Committee, 2005.
- Academy of International Business (AIB) “Best Paper Award” and “Haynes Prize” Selection Committee, 2004.
- Ranked as the most prolific author in the International Management literature, 1991 – 2000, as reported by Jane W. Lu (2003), “The Evolving Contributions in International Strategic Management Research,” Journal of International Management, 9(2): 193 – 213.
- JIBS Decade Award. Designed to “recognize the most influential paper published in the Journal of International Business Studies one decade before the Annual Conference,” 2001.
- Distinguished Paper Award, Midwest Academy of International Business Conference, 1998.
- Editor Nominee of the Academy of Management Review. On the short list for selection as the next editor of the foremost theory journal in Management, 1998.
- Fifth-most prolific author in International Strategic Management, as reported by Franz T. Lohrke and Gary D. Bruton (1997), “Contributions and Gaps in International Strategic Management Literature,” Journal of International Management, 3(1): 25 – 57.
- Academy of Management Review Best Article Award Nominee, 1993.
- Richard N. Farmer Outstanding Dissertation Award, Academy of International Business, 1990.
- Barry M. Richman Best Dissertation Award Finalist, International Management Division, Academy of Management, 1990.
- Fox Crystal Apple Award for Teaching Excellence, 2013
- MBA Best Teacher of the Year Award, 2012
- MBA Best Teacher of the Year Award, 2006
- Andrisani-Frank Undergraduate Teaching Excellence Award, 2004-2005
- MBA Core Global Strategy Module Design and Delivery, Indiana University, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003
- Dean’s Citation for Teaching Excellence, 2002
- Dean’s Citation for Teaching Excellence, 2001
- Dean’s Citation for Teaching Excellence, 2000
- Indiana University Teaching Excellence Recognition Award (TERA), 2000
- Kelley School of Business Innovative Teaching Award (ITA) Nominee, 2000
- Dean’s Citation for Teaching Excellence, 1999
- Indiana University FACET Award (Faculty Colloquium on Excellence in Teaching), a University-wide award to “recognize and honor the most exemplary teachers across all eight campuses of Indiana University,” 1998.
- Dean’s Citation for Teaching Excellence, 1998
- Dean’s Citation for Teaching Excellence, 1997
- Kelley School of Business Doctoral Student Association Distinguished Teaching Award, 1997
- Dean’s Citation for Teaching Excellence, 1996
- Dean’s Citation for Teaching Excellence, 1995
- Schuyler F. Otteson Teaching Excellence Award, 1994
- Harry C. Sauvain Undergraduate Teaching Award Nominee, 1994