Prof. Anthony Di Benedetto is Professor of Marketing and Supply Chain Management and Senior Washburn Research Fellow at the Fox School of Business. He has held visiting professorships at Bocconi University and Politecnico di Milano (Milan), Technische Universiteit Eindhoven (Eindhoven, Netherlands), Kansai University (Osaka), Yonsei University (Seoul), WHU (Vollendar, Germany), St. Petersburg State University (St. Petersburg, Russia), EDHEC (Nice, France), and IESEG (Lille and Paris, France). In 2010, Prof. Di Benedetto was named the Fulbright-Kathryn and Craig Hall Chair in Entrepreneurship, and spent a semester at the Wirtschaftsuniversität Wien (Vienna).
Prof. Di Benedetto holds a Ph. D. degree in Administration, an M.B.A., and a B. Sc. degree in Chemistry, all from McGill University, Montreal, Canada. He taught at the Université du Québec à Montréal (in French) and the University of Kentucky prior to joining Temple. Since arriving at Temple he has taught in Temple’s Professional MBA, Executive MBA, International Executive MBA (Singapore, Cali, and Bogota), Online MBA, and International MBA programs, as well as at the Ph. D., DBA, BBA, and OBBA programs. He is a recipient of Temple University’s Great Teacher Award, the highest teaching honor bestowed by Temple University. He has also received the Lindback Award for teaching excellence, a Department of Marketing teaching award, and the Lynne A. Cronfeld Research Award/Grant. In 2017, he was selected as Faculty of the Year by students in both the DBA and OMBA programs. In 2015, he received the Musser Excellence in Leadership Award in Research, the highest honor bestowed by the Fox School of Business.
Prof. Di Benedetto is Co-Editor-in-Chief of Industrial Marketing Management, and Editor-in-Chief of Journal of International Consumer Marketing. He served as Editor of the Journal of Product Innovation Management for nine years. He is co-author with Merle Crawford of New Products Management, the leading textbook in new product development.
Prof. Di Benedetto has been named one of the 50 leading research scholars worldwide in Innovation and Technology Management by the International Association of Management of Technology. He has over 115 refereed academic articles published, in journals including Industrial Marketing Management, Journal of Product Innovation Management, Management Science, Strategic Management Journal, Journal of International Business Studies, Journal of Operations Management, IEEE Transactions on Engineering Management, Journal of the Academy of Marketing Science, and elsewhere. A paper published in IEEE Transactions on Engineering Management was named the Best Paper in that journal for 2008. He has been named multiple times to the Dean’s Research Honor Roll of the School of Business and Management.
Prof. Di Benedetto is a certified New Product Development Professional (NPDP) and is listed in Marquis Who’s Who in the World, Marquis Who’s Who in America, and Marquis Who’s Who in American Education.
- Michael Song, C. Anthony Di Benedetto and Yuzhen Lisa Zhao. “Pioneering Advantages in Manufacturing and Service Industries: Empirical Evidence from Nine Countries,” Strategic Management Journal, Vol. 20, No. 9, September 1999, pp. 811-836.
- Wayne S. DeSarbo, C. Anthony Di Benedetto, Michael Song, and Indrajit Sinha. “Revisiting the Miles and Snow Strategic Framework: Uncovering Relationships Between Strategic Types, Capabilities, Environmental Uncertainty, and Firm Performance,” Strategic Management Journal, Vol. 26, No. 1, January 2005, pp. 47-74.
- Wayne S. DeSarbo, C. Anthony Di Benedetto, Kamel Jedidi, and Michael Song. “A Constrained Latent Structure Multivariate Regression Methodology for Empirically Deriving Strategic Types,” Management Science, Vol. 52, No. 6, June 2006, pp. 909-924.
- Michael Song and C. Anthony Di Benedetto. “Supplier’s Involvement and Success of Radical New Product Development in New Ventures,” Journal of Operations Management, Vol. 26, No. 1, January 2008, pp. 1-22.
- Roger J. Calantone and C. Anthony Di Benedetto. “The Effects of Launch Execution and Timing on New Product Performance,” Journal of the Academy of Marketing Science, Vol. 40, No. 4, July 2012, pp. 526- 538.
- DBA: Creation and Dissemination of Business Knowledge
- MBA/OMBA/EMBA: Marketing Management, Product Management
- BBA/OBBA: Marketing Research, International Marketing
- Selected as DBA Faculty of the Year (Second Year), 2017.
- Selected as OMBA Faculty of the Year, 2017.
- 19 th Recipient of the Musser Excellence in Leadership Award in Research, 2015.
- Dean’s Teaching Fellow, 2015.
- Outstanding Professor, MS Marketing Class of 2014.
- Twice recognized as one of the top 50 authors worldwide of Technology and Innovation Management (2009 and 2013), International Association of Management of Technology.
- Excellence in Research award, Department of Marketing and Supply Chain Management, Fox School of Business, Temple University, 2012.
- J. William Fulbright Award (Fulbright-Kathryn and Craig Hall Distinguished Chair in Entrepreneurship), Wirtschaftsuniversität Wien, Vienna, Austria, 2010.
- IEEE Transactions on Engineering Management Best Paper Award, 2008.
- Great Teacher Award, Temple University, 1997.
- Christian R. and Mary F. Lindback Foundation Award for Distinguished Teaching, Temple University, 1996.
- Dean’s Research Honor Roll, Fox School of Business, Temple University, multiple years.