At the Fox School of Business, we have a longstanding tradition of preparing our students with the power to lead within the world of business. Actuaries specialize in the evaluation of insurance and financial risks and distinguish themselves through a combination of analytical skills, business acumen, and professionalism. Temple’s actuarial science M.S. program prepares students for a successful career in this field through its rigorous coursework and outstanding opportunities for professional development. Our curriculum covers multiple professional actuarial exams and can be tailored to students’ interests and background. We are recognized as a Center of Actuarial Excellence (CAE) by the Society of Actuaries.
Calculate a Premium Career
Faculty members within the actuarial science program maintain close and ongoing relationships with actuarial and insurance community leaders, which helps you develop the framework for a great career.
- Meet and network with professional actuaries during their weekly campus visits.
- Learn about internships and full-time opportunities through recruiting partnerships with leading actuarial employers.
- Participate in the actuarial career reception and the department’s resume book.
- Take advantage of resume reviews, interview preparation, and more through Gamma Iota Sigma and the Center for Student Professional Development (CSPD).
Model Your Professional Path
Temple University is home to the Sigma chapter of Gamma Iota Sigma, the only international business fraternity for students of insurance, risk management, and actuarial science. Members benefit from a variety of resources and opportunities specific to the actuarial science field including:
- Guest speaker series and professional development workshops
- Networking opportunities
- Interview workshops, resume services, and submission of chapter-wide resume book to employers. Students can interview with employers for internships and full-time employment at our Career Reception and throughout the academic year.
- Additional scholarship funding opportunities.
In addition, we hold weekly meetings (with discussions, workshops, guest speakers, etc.) that are exclusive to actuarial science M.S. students.
Get started in 30 seconds
30 seconds is all it takes. If you would like more information about the Fox Master of Science in Actuarial Science, complete the form below.
Have a more immediate question about the program? Connect with the Actuarial Science admissions representative:
Assistant Director Graduate Enrollment Management
- Contact Information
We respect your privacy and will never sell, share, lease or give your information to a third party.