Successfully navigating a pandemic requires habits and practices that support resiliency, focus, resourcefulness and approaching life in whole new ways. Many staff and faculty members have expressed a desire for greater connection, support and resources during this unprecedented time and in response to the clear need for support of our colleagues well-being, the Faculty and Staff Affairs division is instituting Wellness Employee Resource Groups that will be available to any employee of the Fox School of Business or the School of Sport, Tourism and Hospitality Management (STHM).
What is an Employee Resource Group (ERG)?
Employee Resource Groups are voluntary, employee-led groups, whose goal is to create and to build community amongst people with shared identities or experiences at work. They are usually led and participated in by employees who share a characteristic, whether it’s gender, ethnicity, religious affiliation, lifestyle or interest. They can provide resources for personal or career development in a safe space where employees can be heard and supported.
Potential topics include (to be customized to the interests and needs of each group)
- Physical health: Tips, tools and habits for maintaining good physical health, including physical activity, diet, sleep, etc. given the limits on activities outside of our homes amidst the COVID restrictions.
- Mental health: Practices for sustaining and increasing mental health and resiliency during the pandemic.
- Sharing resources, effective habits and practices with each other.
- Using other members as a sounding board (when your family, friends and pets have already heard it all! Or you’re tired of hearing their sagas).
How it will work
- Groups of five or less. Groups can be created by participants or depending on overall participation level, groups will be created for you.
- Each participant is agreeing to full and complete confidentiality. This is the only way to create a safe space in order to fulfill the purpose of being a source of support.
- Meet as often as two times per week (30 min) to as little as once a month. Each group can determine how often meetings are needed.
- The Wellness ERG’s are open to all Fox and STHM employees (faculty and staff).
- Each group will be facilitated/guided by Jodi Weisberg, MS-SHRM; CHHC (a board-certified Holistic Health Coach).
- This is simply a resource for you. For your health. For our health. We’re all in this together.
If you are interested, email me, Jodi Weisberg, directly with your group members or to indicate that you’d like to be placed into a group. Please specify the areas of wellness with which you are seeking the most support. We are looking forward to supporting you. We are all in this together.
Jodi Weisberg, manager, staff affairs, works in the Dean’s Office at the Fox School and is a board-certified holistic health coach.
Jodi Weisberg, MS, CHHC, AADP. In addition to having a master’s degree in Human Resources, she is also a board-certified Holistic Health Coach by the American Association of Drugless Practitioners and provides coaching, support, and guidance to clients to alleviate symptoms of autoimmune disease and other chronic health conditions (including stress reduction & weight loss). Her holistic approach (mind, body and spirit) provides clients with a new pathway to restoring optimal health and the power they have to impact their own body, wellness and vitality. Jodi can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.