|Office:||Speakman Hall 203F|
|Research Interests:||Public Policy, International Business Law, Immigration|
Kevin Fandl is an Associate Professor of Legal Studies and Strategic Global Management and the Irvin Gross Research Fellow at the Fox School of Business at Temple University, where he serves as the Academic Director of Global Immersion Programs and also the Executive Director of Temple’s Center for International Business Education and Research. Kevin began his legal career as a Presidential Management Fellow working as an international trade specialist with U.S. Customs and Border Protection. He transitioned through many roles within the federal government, including roles as Chief of Staff and Senior Counsel to the Assistant Secretary of U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement.
Playing an important role in shaping immigration and trade policy for the federal government inspired Kevin to pursue a doctorate in Public Policy focused on international trade law. During that process, he received a Fulbright fellowship to teach law in Bogotá, Colombia for one year. His doctoral dissertation addressed the informal business sector within Colombia, a topic that he has written about extensively since. He continues to address law and policy issues related to Colombia and Latin America more broadly and advises on those issues for firms and international organizations around the world.
After a decade of federal government service and many years of international consulting on issues from immigration to foreign trade, Dr. Fandl transitioned to academia to pursue his passion for teaching and research. He continues to lecture frequently in Latin America, Europe and Asia on comparative law and policy matters. As an active researcher, he has published extensively in the field of international trade law, immigration and public policy and serves as an expert for international organizations and law firms in these areas. He has published 5 books and more than 40 journal articles in journals such as the American Business Law Journal, the Berkeley International Law Journal, and the Yale Law & Policy Review Inter Alia.
Kevin earned his B.A. in Philosophy at Lock Haven University, his M.A. in International Peace and Conflict Resolution at American University, his J.D. in law from American University, and his Ph.D. in Public Policy from George Mason University. He also holds a Certificate in International Human Rights Law from Oxford University. He has won many accolades for his leadership, his research and his teaching.
- [Book] Kevin J. Fandl, Law & Public Policy, Routledge Publishing (2018).
- Kevin J. Fandl, Regulatory Policy and Innovation in the Wine Industry: A Comparative Analysis of Old and New World Wine Regulations (2018)
- Kevin J. Fandl, Trading with the Enemy: Opening the Door to U.S. Investment in Cuba, Georgetown Journal of International Law, 49 George. J. of Int’l L. 563 (2018).
- Kevin J. Fandl, 2017 International Trade Decisions of the Federal Circuit, American University Law Review, 67 Am. U. L. Rev. 1329 (2018).
- Kevin J. Fandl, Presidential Power to Protect Dreamers: Abusive or Proper?, Yale Law & Policy Review Inter Alia, 36 Yale L. & Pol’y Rev. Inter Alia 1 (2018).
- Kevin J. Fandl, Adios Embargo: The Case for Executive Termination of the U.S. Embargo on Cuba, American Business Law Journal, 54 Am. Bus. L. J. 293-346 (Summer 2017).
- Principal Investigator and Executive Director for the Temple Center for International Business Education and Research
- Academic Director for Global Immersions at the Fox School of Business
- Ralph Bunche Award for Best Article in International Business (2018)
- Best Paper in Legal Studies Award by the Journal of Legal Studies in Business (2017)
- Dean’s Research Honor Roll Recipient, Fox School of Business (2017)
- Vice Chair of the International Legal Education committee for the American Bar Association
- Vice Chair of the Immigration and Naturalization committee for the American Bar Association
- Fox School of Business
- LGLS3513: Law and Public Policy (BBA)
- LGLS5801: Business Law & Ethics (EMBA)
- LGLS5604: Corporate Compliance (OMBA)
- SGM5002: International Economics (PMBA)
- SGM5051: Global Business Leadership (PMBA)
- BA5389: Global Immersion Experience (GMBA)
- Universidad Javeriana, Colombia (Fox EMBA partner)
- LGLS5801: Business Law & Ethics—International Focus (EMBA)
- Universidad de los Andes, Colombia (Visiting Professor of Law)
- International Trade Law
- Université Toulouse, France (Visiting Professor of Law)
- World Trade Organization Law
- International Organizations
- Universidad de Navarra, Spain (Visiting Professor of Law)
- U.S. Legal Institutions