About the Accounting Institute
The Accounting Institute (AI) is a two-week summer program that introduces high school students to career opportunities in accounting. Students will learn from Temple University faculty and guest lecturers from the accounting profession. The AI program provides students with experiential learning activities, a case competition, technology training, an on-campus living experience, field trips to corporate offices, and mentorship from current Temple University students.
Accounting Institute students will:
- Attend two non-credit workshops. Accounting Institute participants morning class will be from the curriculum below with an afternoon course from a broader listing of elective courses
- Learn about careers in accounting
- Build their confidence and sense of independence
- Engage in interactive, project-based learning using the Fox School of Business’s world-class facilities and resources
- Make new friends and build community with other students from diverse backgrounds
- Network with representatives from the accounting profession and professional accounting associations
Curriculum for Accounting Institute
- The Role of Financial Reporting in the Economy
- Financial Statements – Preparation, analysis, and Interpretation
- Introduction to Finance
- Entrepreneurship and Wealth Building
- Introduction to Auditing
- Introduction to Income Taxes
- Technology Training / Excel
Who Should Apply?
Current high school sophomores and juniors from underrepresented populations are invited to apply. Scholarships are available. However, all high school sophomores and juniors are welcome to apply. This is a chance to see what it’s like to live and learn on campus.
July 25 – August 5, 2022
Accounting Institute Director and Staff
Cory Ng, DBA, CPA, CGMA, Associate Professor of Instruction in Accounting, serves as the Director of the Accounting Institute.
Email: email@example.com | Phone: 215-204-4135
The Accounting Institute is made possible thanks to the support of the following organizations:
Accounting at Fox
Learn more about Accounting at the Fox School of Business.Accounting at Fox