Temple University’s Fox School of Business and Wells Fargo Equity Finance are pleased to invite you to our Data Science Conference. Faculty from leading universities will participate in a series of panels exploring technical issues relevant to today’s unprecedented environment. The conference will explore aspects of statistical machine learning, deep learning and AI with an emphasis on tools and ideas that are relevant to systematic investing methodologies.
- Jayson S. Jia, Xin Lu, Yun Yuan, Ge Xu, Jianmin Jia, and Nicholas A. Christakis. Population flow drives spatio-temporal distribution of COVID-19 in China. Nature, vol. 582, pp. 389-394, 2020.
- Eric M. Feltham, Laura Forastiere, Marcus Alexander, and Nicholas A. Christakis. No increase in COVID-19 mortality after the 2020 primary elections in the USA. arXiv no. 2010.02896, 2020.
- Nicholas A. Christakis. Apollo’s Arrow. Little, Brown Spark, 2020.
- Nick Altieri, Rebecca L. Barter, James Duncan, Raaz Dwivedi, Karl Kumbier, Xiao Li, Robert Netzorg, Briton Park, Chandan Singh, Yan Shuo Tan, Tiffany Tang, Yu Wang, Chao Zhang, and Bin Yu. Curating a COVID-19 data repository and forecasting county-level death counts in the United States. Harvard Data Science Review, Special Issue on COVID-19, 2020.
- Raaz Dwivedi, Yan Shuo Tan, Briton Park, Mian Wei, Kevin Horgan, David Madigan, and Bin Yu. Stable discovery of interpretable subgroups via calibration in causal studies. arXiv no. 2008.10109, 2020.
- Martijn J Schuemie, Patrick B Ryan, Nicole Pratt, RuiJun Chen, Seng Chan You, Harlan M Krumholz, David Madigan, George Hripcsak, and Marc A Suchard. Principles of Large-scale Evidence Generation and Evaluation across a Network of Databases (LEGEND). Journal of the American Medical Informatics Association, vol. 27, pp. 1331–1337, 2020.
- Martijn J Schuemie, Patrick B Ryan, Nicole Pratt, RuiJun Chen, Seng Chan You, Harlan M Krumholz, David Madigan, George Hripcsak, and Marc A Suchard. Large-scale evidence generation and evaluation across a network of databases (LEGEND): assessing validity using hypertension as a case study. Journal of the American Medical Informatics Association, vol. 27, pp. 1268–1277, 2020.
- Martijn J. Schuemie, Patrick B. Ryan, George Hripcsak, David Madigan, and Marc A. Suchard. A systematic approach to improving the reliability and scale of evidence from health care data. arXiv no. 1803.10791, 2018.
- The Observational Health Data Sciences and Informatics.
- David Donoho. 50 Years of Data Science. Journal of Computational and Graphical Statistics, vol. 26, pp. 745–766, 2017.
- Michael I. Jordan. Artificial Intelligence—The Revolution Hasn’t Happened Yet. Harvard Data Science Review, vol. 1, 2019.
- Benedikt Bauer and Michael Kohler. On deep learning as a remedy for the curse of dimensionality in nonparametric regression. Annals of Statistics, vol. 47, pp. 2261–2285, 2019.
- Mikhail Belkin, Daniel Hsu, Siyuan Ma, and Soumik Mandal. Reconciling modern machine-learning practice and the classical bias–variance tradeoff. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, vol. 116, pp. 15849–15854, 2019.
- Leo Breiman. Statistical Modeling: The Two Cultures. Statistical Science, vol. 16, pp. 199-231, 2001. (with discussion)
- Bradley Efron. Prediction, Estimation, and Attribution. Journal of the American Statistical Association, vol. 115, pp. 636–677, 2020. (with discussion)
- Yann LeCun, Yoshua Bengio, and Geoffrey Hinton. Deep learning. Nature, vol. 521, pp. 436–444, 2015.
- Latanya Sweeney. That’s AI?: A History and Critique of the Field. Carnegie Mellon Technical Report CMU-CS-06-1063, 2003.
- Variable Selection with Knockoffs.
- John Cherian and Lenny Bronner. How The Washington Post Estimates Outstanding Votes for the 2020 Presidential Election. Washington Post Tech Report, 2020. (PDF) Cherian and Bronner WP TechRep 2020
- Chenguang Dai, Buyu Lin, Xin Xing, and Jun S. Liu. False Discovery Rate Control via Data Splitting. arXiv no. 2002.08542, 2020.
- Roger Koenker and Gilbert Bassett Jr. Regression Quantiles. Econometrica, vol. 46, pp. 33-50, 1978.
- Yaniv Romano, Evan Patterson, and Emmanuel J. Candès. Conformalized Quantile Regression. Proceedings of the 33rd Conference on Neural Information Processing Systems (NeurIPS), Vancouver, Canada, 2019. (Code: https://sites.google.com/view/cqr)
- Yaniv Romano, Matteo Sesia, and Emmanuel J. Candès. Classification with Valid and Adaptive Coverage. arXiv no. 2006.02544, 2020.
- Azeem Shaikh and Panos Toulis. Randomization Tests in Observational Studies with Staggered Adoption of Treatment. arXiv no. 1912.10610, 2019.
- Panos Toulis. Life After Bootstrap: Residual Randomization Inference in Regression Models. arXiv no. 1908.04218, 2019.
- Vladimir Vovk, Alexander Gammerman, and Glenn Shafer. Algorithmic Learning in a Random World. Springer, 2005.
- Bin Yu and Karl Kumbier. Veridical data science. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, vol. 117, pp. 3920-3929, 2020.
- To access information about Wells Fargo Quant Services, please click here.
Fox School of Business, Temple University
Edoardo M. Airoldi
Fox School of Business, Temple University
Professor of Mathematics and Statistics, and The Barnum-Simons Chair in Mathematics and Statistics
Sterling Professor of Social and Natural Science, Internal Medicine & Biomedical Engineering
Professor of Statistics, and Anne T. and Robert M. Bass Professor of Humanities and Sciences
Professor of Statistics and Computer Science, and Pehong Chen Distinguished Professor
Professor at the Department of Mathematics
Technical University of Darmstadt
Wells Fargo Equity Finance
Professor of Statistics
Provost and Professor of Statistics
Professor of Statistics, Temple University, and Emeritus Professor of Statistics at Harvard University
Temple University and Harvard University
Assistant Professor of Statistics
University of Chicago Booth
Professor of Statistics and Chancellor’s Distinguished Professor