Collaborate. Create. Educate.
When the doors of Alter Hall opened in 2009, it launched the Fox School into the future. For the first time, the school had a building that matched its growing national and international reputation. Alter Hall is now a home for the Fox School’s growing population of ambitious students, world-class faculty, and cutting-edge researchers.
From the 7th floor of Alter Hall you get a stunning view of the city around you, including the glittering skyscrapers of Philadelphia’s Center City, the majestic bridges that span the Delaware River, and some of the vibrant, culturally rich neighborhoods surrounding Temple University. From this vantage point, you can see how each connects seamlessly to the other: This same seamless connectivity is found throughout Alter Hall.
This $80 million, state-of-the-art facility is more than just a space for classrooms and offices: It’s a place where students, faculty, and alumni come together to innovate, collaborate, and learn.
This $80 million, state-of-the-art facility, is a place where students, faculty and alumni connect and collaborate. The modern, 21st-century facility you see today is so much more than a shell containing classrooms and offices. Alter Hall is a bridge to the future for thousands of current students and the many more who will follow.
Alter Hall Facts
- 8 floors
- 217,000 gross square feet
- 3-story, 3,500-square-foot atrium
- 4,200-square-foot student lounge
- 274-seat sloped auditorium
- Six MBA, tiered, case study rooms
- Six 62-seat undergraduate case rooms
- One 72-seat undergraduate case room
- Two 130-seat sloped lecture halls
- Two 110-seat sloped lecture halls
- Capital Markets Trading Room
- 2 computer teaching labs
- 12 interview rooms
- 9 research institutes
- 3,600-square-foot MBA Commons
- Dean’s suite and board room
- 8 departmental suites
- 8 department chair offices
- 16 director offices
- 126 faculty offices
- 60 offices for administrative support
- 6 faculty collaboration spaces
- 12 general use conference rooms
- Entrepreneurship lab
- 4 mentor meeting rooms