The Fox Master of Accountancy is a full-time program delivered on Temple University’s Main Campus in Philadelphia. Students are expected to attend classes in person on weekdays, and should therefore live within reasonable commuting distance of campus.
Also known as the City of Brotherly Love, Philadelphia is the fifth-most-populous city in the United States and offers a central location on the East Coast between New York City and Washington, D.C. A lively, diverse urban area with a unique blend of history, industry, arts, entertainment, sports, and culture, Philadelphia delivers the benefits of city life at an affordable cost of living, plus connections to local, regional, and national accounting firms—including each of the Big Four.
- Founded in 1682 by William Penn.
- Easily traveled by grid-patterned street blocks.
- Considered the birthplace of America with the signing of the Declaration of Independence and the U.S. Constitution.
- Home to hundreds of world-renowned museums and cultural centers.
- Only UNESCO World Heritage City in the United States.
- Offers a thriving and diverse food and drink scene, featuring bars and restaurants from nationally and internationally recognized chefs and bartenders.
Cost of Living
2.4% above national average. New York City is 23.3%; Washington, D.C. is 24.6%.
Students in the Fox Master of Accountancy may choose to live on- or off-campus. Temple University offers graduate student housing, which may be applied for following submission of both the Intent to Enroll form and tuition deposit.
Graduate students also have the option to live off-campus. Neighborhoods within a short bus or subway commute on SEPTA, Philadelphia’s public transportation system, include Center City, South Philadelphia, University City, and the Art Museum area. Manayunk and Mount Airy are popular nearby neighborhoods that offer many affordable row home rentals with backyards. Further afield are suburbs along Philadelphia’s Main Line or in Delaware County, each of which are about a 30-minute drive or train ride from campus.
At the Fox School of Business, we’re proud to have a home that matches our growing reputation. Alter Hall is more than an $80 million state-of-the-art facility—it’s a place where students, faculty, and alumni come to connect and collaborate.
- Eight floors
- 217,000 gross square feet
- Three-story atrium
- 4,200 square foot student lounge
- 274-seat sloped auditorium
- Four lecture halls
- Breakout and interview rooms
- General use conference rooms
Get started in 30 seconds
30 seconds is all it takes. If you would like more information about the Fox Master of Accountancy, complete the form below. Sign up to receive emails about program details and updates, pre-admission event invites, and more.
Have a more immediate question about the program? Connect with the Fox Master of Accountancy admissions representative:
Assistant Director Graduate Enrollment Management
- Contact Information
We respect your privacy and will never sell, share, lease or give your information to a third party.