Warm greetings from Philadelphia. This fall, the Fox School and accounting students are in class in-person for the most part. The semester started with Accounting Month in September, a month-long series of accounting professional development and recruiting events such as the Winter Internship Panel, CPA Evolution and Preparing for the CPA Exam, and Future Proof Your Career with the CMA. As faculty, alumni, recruiters, supporters and stakeholders of the Department of Accounting at the Fox School of Business, we have so much for which we should be proud and grateful.
For starters, we are excited to announce that the Accounting Achievement Awards will be held on April 27, 2022, at the Vie in Philadelphia. After a long pause, we look forward to gathering as a community to honor our award recipients.
- Robert M. Tarola, Lifetime Achievement, President, Right Advisory, LLC
- Raman Mahadevan, Public Accounting, Partner, Tax Services, Ernst & Young
- Jennifer Cryder, Nonprofit/Government, Chief Executive Officer and Executive Director, Pennsylvania Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Robert F. McCadden, Corporate, Trustee, Universal Health Realty Income Trust, Former Executive Vice President and Chief Financial Officer, Pennsylvania Real Estate Investment Trust
- Joshua E. Kramer, Rising Star, Manager, Investment Industry Group, Kreischer Miller
- Johnny Young, Distinguished Alumni, With Special Recognition Awarded Posthumously, Ambassador (Ret.), U.S. Department of State
We are especially excited to announce the establishment of the Stanley C. Middleman Center for Innovation in Accounting at the Fox School of Business. Through the generosity of accounting alumnus, Stan Middleman, BBA ’76, the center will be a catalyst for innovation and entrepreneurship in accounting and financial management education. More to come on this soon!
Temple’s Board of Trustees recently approved our new Master of Science in Accounting and Financial Management. This innovative online, part-time program, designed for professionals employed in the fields of management accounting and financial management seeking to enhance their career opportunities, will launch in fall 2022.
Accounting alumni, students and faculty continue to shine on all fronts. In this newsletter, you will find stories about our students, engagement with the community, innovation in our curriculum and programs, and contributions to scholarship. Take a peek at the faculty research highlighted in the Fox Knowledge Hub on auditor reviews and firm investment opportunities.
As always, I am humbled and honored to serve as the chair of such an incredible group of faculty, delivering innovative programs for outstanding students, and (hopefully) making our alumni, recruiters, and other stakeholders very proud of Temple University, the Fox School of Business, and the Department of Accounting. Much of our success is attributable to the support we receive from our generous stakeholders.
To stay in the know about everything going on in the Accounting Department, join our LinkedIn group.
As always, you will get full disclosure in Footnotes from Fox. Go Owls!
All the best,
Professor and Chair, Department of Accounting