The Administrative Programs Council (APC) is pleased to announce the members of its Steering Committee for the 2020-2021 academic year.
Launched in 2015, APC aims to engage, support and inspire staff at the Fox School and the School of Sport, Tourism and Hospitality Management (STHM). Five years after its inception, APC is a leader in manifesting the commitments outlined in the Fox 2025 Strategic Plan, encouraging meaningful engagement and an inclusive culture.
“APC serves as a liaison between the Dean’s Offices and staff of Fox and STHM,” says Lori Roseman, associate director of the Fox Honors Program and current co-executive chair of APC. “It’s designed to update, keep staff informed, provide professional development opportunities, offer social and networking events, and encourage community service.”
The network serves as a support system for all Fox School and STHM staff members.
“The Steering Committee’s work goes above and beyond our day-to-day job responsibilities,” says Lindsay Clark, associate director of operations and events for the Fox Innovation and Entrepreneurship Institute (IEI) and Department of Strategic Management. Clark, who serves alongside Roseman as co-executive chair, continues, “Our efforts continue to contribute to several of the Strategic Plan’s pillars, most notably Inclusive Culture and Community Engagement.”
APC’s contributions include hosting professional and personal development events for staff throughout the year, such as professional development workshops, job training opportunities, meditation retreats, book clubs and other networking events. Often, APC collaborates with the Faculty Engagement Committee to cosponsor trivia nights and social events to foster collaboration and inclusion.
“We also support the Dean’s Office in onboarding new staff. The APC has been hosting New Employee Orientations semi-annually for five years now, so new staff feel prepared to start their careers at Fox and STHM. These orientations also give new staff members the chance to interact with other staff, faculty and school leadership,” says Clark.
This community-driven approach extends beyond the block of Liacouras Walk. APC regularly coordinates community service activities, such as professional clothing drives, toy donations and writing holiday cards.
“APC would not be what it is today without staff participation and support from the Dean’s Offices,” says Roseman. “We are so grateful to the dedicated members of the Steering Committee for their willingness to provide these opportunities on behalf of the staff of both schools.”
2020-2021 Administrative Programs Council Steering Committee
- Lindsay Clark, Innovation and Entrepreneurship Institute and Department of Strategic Management
- Lori Roseman, Fox Honors Program
Community Engagement Committee
- Anna Batt, Marketing and Communications
- *Claudia Bereshnyi, Undergraduate Enrollment Management
- *Taylor Tropea, Marketing and Communications
- Jessica Wassel, Graduate and International Programs
Professional and Personal Development Committee
- *Katie Choby, Department of Finance
- Angelica Cionci, Online and Digital Learning
- Stephen Orbanek, Marketing and Communications
- Colleen Selner, STHM Enrollment
- *Joy Stroman, Center for Undergraduate Advising
Employee Experience Committee
- Laura Aboyan, Curriculum Management & Assessment
- *Jamie Cann, STHM Marketing and Communications
- Brandon Evans, Information Technology
- *Gavin Farber, Center for Undergraduate Advising
- Carly Gellman, Graduate and International Programs
- Marissa Kleinman, Center for Student Professional Development
Operations and Administration Committee
- *Megan Alt, Research/Marketing and Communications
- *Amanda Barber, Dean’s Office
- Samar Khan, Department of Statistical Science
- Cynthia Smith, Marketing and Communications