|Office:||Alter Hall 532|
|Research Interests:||Freight Transportation, Network optimization, Green Transport/ Sustainability, Project Management|
Neha Mittal is an Associate Professor of Operations and Supply Chain Management at Fox. She serves as the Academic Director for the BBA in Supply Chain Management and as an Assistant Academic Director for the OMBA and OBBA programs at Fox. In-addition, Neha is the core course coordinator for the Operations Management course, which runs about 18 sections every fall and spring, enrolling more than 2,000 students every year.
Her research focuses on freight transportation, transportation sustainability, network optimization, logistics, and project management. She has published in highly ranked journals such as Journal of Transport Policy, Transport Reviews, Transportation Research Record (National Academy of Sciences), Research in Transportation Economics, International Journal of Production Research, etc. Neha has made several presentations at national and international level and has chaired conference sessions. She serves as an ad-hoc reviewer for a number of journals. Prior to joining Temple University, she taught as a visiting faculty at Rutgers Business School, NJ.
At Temple University, she is the recipient of ‘Excellence in Teaching’ Award (2013) and ‘Service Award’ (2014 and 2015) in recognition of her outstanding service in promoting supply chain management and student mentoring in the Department of Marketing and Supply Chain Management. She has been recognized as the ‘Deans Teaching Fellow’ consistently (from yr. 2014 – 2016, and then yr. 2016 – 2018) and has received the Crystal Apple award for it.
Neha received her Doctorate in Transportation Engineering from Rutgers University in October of 2008, M.S. in 2004 and her Bachelor of Engineering (Civil) from Gujarat University, India, in yr. 2000. She has won many awards for excellence in education in her bachelors and graduate degree programs. She earned the highest honors in her Bachelor’s program and was awarded six gold medals for her outstanding academic performance at Gujarat University.
- Measuring Business School Faculty Perceptions of Student Cheating”, Journal of Education for Business, Accepted for Publication, May 2017 (with Blau G.J. , Rivera M.J., Kunkle M., and Ozkan B.)
- “Shippers’ Changing Priorities in Port Selection Decision – A Survey Analysis Using Analytic Hierarchy Process (AHP)”, Journal of Transportation Research Forum, Vol. 55, Number 3, Fall 2016 (with McClung D.)
- “Sustaining Sustainability in Marine Terminals: A Core Competency Framework”, Journal of Transportation Research Forum, Vol. 54, Number 2, Summer 2015 (with A. Baveja, R. Krishnan).
- “Incorporating Maritime Stakeholder Perspectives for Implementing an ‘Inland-Depots-for-Empty-Containers’ System Using an Analytic Hierarchy Process”, International Journal of Information Systems and Supply Chain Management (IJISSCM), Vol. 6, Issue 1, 2013 (with M. Boile, A. Baveja, S. Theofanis)
- “Determining Optimal Inland-Empty-Container Depot Locations under Stochastic Demand”, Research in Transportation Economics, Special Issue on ‘Freight Transportation and Sustainability’, Volume 42, Issue 1, 2013, pp. 50-60. (with M. Boile, A. Baveja, S. Theofanis)
- “A collaborative framework to minimize knowledge loss in new product development”, International Journal of Production Research, Special issue on ‘Knowledge Management and Supporting Tools for Collaborative Networks’, Volume 51, Issue 7, 2013, p. 11 (with R. Shankar, S. Rabinowitz, A. Baveja, S. Acharia)
- “Active Excel Models to Teach Location and the Center-of-Gravity Method”, Operations Management Education Review (OMER), Volume 6, 2012 (with H. Weiss)
- “Regional Repositioning of Empty Containers: A Case for Inland Depots,” Transportation Research Record: Journal of the Transportation Research Board (National Academy of Sciences), Issue 2066, 2008, pp. 31-40, (with Boile, M., S. Theofanis, A. Baveja)
- “Urban Transport Trends and Policies in China and India: Impacts of Rapid Economic Growth”, Journal of Transport Reviews, Vol. 27, No. 4, July 2007, pp. 379-410 (with Pucher J., Peng Z.R., Yi W., Korattyswaroopam N.) (Impact factor: 1.030)
- “Urban Transportation Crisis in India”, Journal of Transport Policy, Volume 12, Issue 3, 2005, pp 185-198, (with Pucher J, Korattyswaroopam N., Ittyerah N.) (Impact factor: 1.024)
- Honored as ‘Deans Teaching Fellow’, yr. 2014 – 2016, 2016 – 2018
- Outstanding Service Award, Department of Marketing and Supply Chain Management, Temple University, April 2015
- Merit Award, Temple University – March 2013, March 2014, March 2015, March 2016, March 2017
- Crystal Apple Award, Fox School of Business, Temple University, 2014, 2016
- Outstanding Service Award, Department of Marketing and Supply Chain Management, Temple University, May 2014
- Award for ‘Excellence in Teaching’, Department of Marketing and Supply Chain Management, Temple University, May 2013
- NEX-GIFT Research Grant Award, UKIERI, March 2013 – Dec 2015
- Six Gold Medals, University Topper in Bachelor of Engineering, Gujarat University, India, June 2000
Fox School of Business, Temple University
- Management Science/ Operations Management (MSOM)
- Transportation and Logistics Management
- Project Management: eMBA program at Temple University Japan (TUJ)