|Office:||Alter Hall 336|
A business professional with over 35 years of experience gained at Fortune 500 and mid-sized companies, Mike Guglielmo has held numerous positions in a myriad of disciplines throughout his career. He has held officer, mid-management, and staff positions in Accounting, Finance, Materials Management, Operations, Information Technology, and Human Resources throughout his career, and draws from this eclectic mix of experience and knowledge in dealing with the daily challenges of corporate America. He is a Certified Six Sigma Green Belt and holds a MBTI® Certification as well. In 2011, Mike was named HR Person of the Year for the Philadelphia area.
Mike is currently a Non-Tenure Track Assistant Professor of Instruction in the Department of Human Resource Management at Temple University, where he has served as an adjunct instructor for more 25 years. He is also Director of External Relations for the HRM Department; Co-Director of Fox’s Center for Human Resource Analytics; and Chair of the Human Resources Senior Advisory Group. He has developed two undergraduate courses – “Organizational Staffing and Career Development” and “HR Metrics,” and received a Teacher of the Year Award for Instructional Innovation in 1999 and Adjunct Teacher of the Year Award in 2010. He has instructed at Temple’s Singapore, Colombia, and Tokyo campuses, Temple’s EMBA Partner school in Paris – Ecole des Ponts since 2017; and since 2003, has taught a graduate level course in HR at Institut de Gestion Sociale (IGS) in Paris.
Mike is also currently a Partner at HR & Recruiting Solutions, LLC, a full-service HR consulting organization; and was previously Vice President of Human Resources for the largest division of Genesis HealthCare, a $6 billion publicly traded enterprise with nearly 100,000 employees. Genesis provides skilled nursing, assisted living, and rehabilitation therapy services at over 1,800 sites in 47 states. Mike was previously Vice President of Talent Acquisition and Development for all of Genesis HealthCare from 2007-2014; and he also had operational oversight responsibilities for CareerStaff Unlimited, Inc. (a wholly owned subsidiary of Genesis Healthcare), and one of the nation’s leading providers of temporary staffing services to the healthcare industry.
Mike received his BS in Marketing/Management from Saint Joseph’s University, and his MBA in Human Resources from Temple University. He is a member of SHRM (Society of Human Resource Management) and PSPS (Philadelphia Society for Planning and Strategy). Mike also cofounded the Human Capital Analytics Forum (a PSPS SIG), and served as Chairman of Temple University’s HR / Business Roundtable from 2007-2014. He has also served as a member of Profiles International’s Client Advisory Council; and served on the Board of Advisors for the YMCA in Kennett Square, PA, as Board Member, Treasurer, Chairman, and Past Chairman from 2008-2014.
- Intro to HR Metrics – Human Capital Analytics: It’s a Journey, But One Worth Taking – Temple University Executive Education – Morgan, Lewis Bockius HR Department – January 2018 – Philadelphia, PA
- HR Metrics – Human Capital Analytics: It’s a Journey, But One Worth Taking – EACE – June 2016 – Philadelphia, PA
- HR Metrics – Human Capital Analytics: It’s a Journey, But One Worth Taking – Philly SHRM – February 2016 – Philadelphia, PA
- HR Metrics – Human Capital Analytics: It’s a Journey, But One Worth Taking – PSPS – October 2015 – King of Prussia, PA
- Executive Recruiting – What’s Next for Recruiting Leaders? – Salevson-Stetson Conference – December 2012 – Paoli, PA
- Using Metrics to Customize Talent Development – October 17, 2012 – IEEC Knowledge Learning Series Event – Singapore
- Executive Recruiting – What’s Next for Recruiting Leaders? – DoubleStar Conference – August 2012 – Paoli, PA
- Talent Assessment – Making the Quality of Hire Difference – August 16, 2012 – Webinar – Aberdeen Group (delivered with Mollie Lombardi, Research Director – Human Capital Management, Aberdeen Group and Jack Kramer, Vice President of Field Operations for SkillSurvey)
- Making the Business Case for Right-Sizing Recruiting – May 1, 2012 – Human Capital Institute – New York, NY (delivered with Loren Moore, Manager, Talent Acquisition, Vertex and moderated by Harry Griendling, Founder & CEO, DoubleStar, Inc.)
- Taking a New Look at Talent Management in Healthcare – April 19, 2012 – Webinar – Bersin & Associates (delivered with Kim Lamoureux, Senior Director Research Practices and Principal Analyst at Bersin & Associates)
- Assessment Methods and Processes Used to Identify Top Internal Talent – December 6, 2011 – The Talent Acquisition Leadership Alliance Philadelphia, PA
- Talent 2012: Measuring the Impact of Talent Management on Corporate Sustainability – December 6, 2011 – Webinar – Philadelphia Human Resource Planning Society
Succession Preparation Made Simpler – Using Metrics to Customize Talent Development – September 23, 2011 – Evanta HR Leadership Summit – Philadelphia, PA (delivered with Jeanne Phillips, CHRO, Genesis HealthCare)
- Talent 2011: Measuring the Impact of Talent Management on Corporate Sustainability – September 15, 2011 – Profiles International Client Conference Dallas TX
- Making Talent Management Relevant to the Business – Linking Talent and Business Outcomes – April 5, 2011 – Philadelphia Human Resource Planning Society King of Prussia, PA
- Chair of Senior HR Advisory Board – Fox School HRM Department (current)
- Director of External Relations – Fox School HRM Department (current)
- Co-Director Human Capital Analytics Center – Fox School HRM Department (current)
- Co-lead of PSPS Human Capital Analytics Forum (2013-2015)
- Member SHRM & PSPS (current)
- Chairman of Temple University’s HR / Business Roundtable – 2008-2015
- Member Client Advisory Council – Profiles International (2009-2014)
- Board of Advisors for the YMCA in Kennett Square, PA. Served as Board Member, Treasurer, Chairman, and Past Chairman – 2008 through 2014
- Delaware Valley HR Department of the Year Award for Excellence in Talent Acquisition – November 2013
- Alumnus of the Year Award (HR Department) – Fox School of Business, Temple University – April 2012
- HR Person of the Year for the Philadelphia area – May 2011
- Adjunct Teacher of the Year Award (HR Department) – Fox School of Business, Temple University – November 2010
- Six Sigma Green Belt – October 2006
- MBTI® Certified – July 2006
- Commencement speaker for MBA graduates at Temple University – September 2001
- Teacher of the Year Award (for Excellence in Instructional Innovation) – Fox School of Business, Temple University – April 1999
- Developed an HR Metrics course and co-developed a Human Resource Information System course for exclusive use at Temple University. Students learn consultative HR partnering techniques using information analysis tools to solve business problems in staffing, succession planning, retention, compensation and benefits, outsourcing, and mergers and acquisitions, as well as developing a business-linked HR dashboard.
- Courses include: Introduction to Management, Introduction to Human Resources, Organizational Staffing (HRIS offering), Leadership Best Practices, and HR Metrics at the graduate and undergraduate level.
- Guest lecturer for Executive MBA classes at Temple University’s Singapore, Colombia, and Tokyo campuses, and Temple’s EMBA Partner school in Paris – Ecole des Ponts since 2017
- Instructor for Graduate level HR courses at IGS Paris campus (2003-present).