|Office:||Alter Hall 413|
|Research Interests:||Banking and Financial Institutions, Quantitative Finance, Monetary and Macro Theory and Policy|
Dr. Elyas Elyasiani joined Temple in 1980. His main area of expertise is banking and financial institutions. Dr. Elyasiani has done research in bank and insurance company stock return modeling, risk exposure, efficiency, cross-industry and international spillover of shocks, institutional, foreign and minority ownership effects and fixed income modeling as well as quantitative finance and monetary economics.
His publications have appeared in the Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Journal of Banking and Finance, Journal of Financial Markets, Journal of Risk and Insurance, Journal of Business and Economic Statistics, Journal of Financial Research, Journal of Accounting, Auditing and Finance, and Journal of Financial Services Research. Dr. Elyasiani has taught at Michigan State University, Temple University, Hebrew University and Bar Ilan University in Israel at the PhD, MBA, and undergraduate levels. He is also a fellow at the Wharton Financial Institution Center and a visiting scholar and Dean’s fellow at the Hebrew University in Jerusalem, Israel. He serves as an editor of the Journal of Economics and Business.
- “Bank Stability and Managerial Compensation”, Journal of Banking and Finance, volume 37 issue 3, March 2013, 799-813, With Gang Bai.
- “Institutional Ownership Stability and Risk Taking: Evidence from the Life-Health Insurance Industry”, Journal of Risk and Insurance, September 2011, volume 78, issue 3, pages 609-641, with Cheng and Jia.
- “Institutional Ownership Stability and the Cost of Debt”, Journal of Financial Markets, 13-4, November 2010, PP. 475-500, with Jia and Mao.
- “Market Reaction to Regulatory Action in the Insurance Industry: The Case of Contingent Commission”, Journal of Risk and Insurance 77-2, 347-368, June 2010, with Cheng and Lin.
- “Distribution of Institutional Ownership and Corporate Firm Performance”, Journal of Banking and Finance, 34-3, 606-620, March 2010, with Jingyi Jia.
- “Real-estate Risk Effects on Financial Institutions’ Stock Return Distribution: A Bivariate GARCH Analysis”, Journal of Real Estate Finance and Economics, March 2010, 40-1, pages 89-117, with Mansur and Wetmore.
- “Geographic Diversification and BHC Return and Risk Performance”, Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, September 2008, Vol. 40, No. 6, 1217-1238, with Deng.
- “Market Risk, Interest Rate Risk, and Interdependencies in Insurer Stock Returns: A System-GARCH Model”, Journal of Risk and Insurance, 75 (4), December 2008, 873-891, with Carson and Mansur.
- “Institutional ownership stability and BHC performance”, Journal of Banking and Finance September (2008), 32-9, pages 1767-1781, with Jia.
- Musser Award for Excellence in Research, Temple University
- Research Honor Roll, Temple University (Various years)
- Senior Cochran Research Fellow
- Fellow: Wharton Financial Institution Center, University of Philadelphia
- Visiting Scholar and Dean’s Fellow: Jerusalem School of Business Administration, Hebrew University
- Management of Financial Institutions
- Financial Markets and Institutions