|Office:||1810 Liacouras Walk, Room 340|
|Research Interests:||Clinical trials, Group sequential, Design of experiments|
Dr. Alexandra Carides comes to the Fox School with 20 years of pharmaceutical industry experience in applied statistics at Merck and Co.
As Merck’s Associate Director of Scientific Staff, Dr. Carides led teams of scientists through the process of designing studies, analyzing data and writing clinical study reports – 50 of which have been published in peer-reviewed scientific journals. Dr. Carides collaborated with clinical experts, and marketing groups, to help develop and promote Merck products. Along with her career at Merck, Dr. Carides kept current with the academic environment by teaching as an Adjunct in the Fox School’s Department of Statistics.
Before beginning her career at Merck, Dr. Carides worked for 10 years in Romania, first as a mathematics instructor and then as a researcher in Bucharest’s Center of Mathematical Statistics. Dr. Carides earned a Master of Science in Mathematics at the University of Bucharest, Romania, where she was class valedictorian, and her PhD in Statistics from the Fox School.
- MS Aapro, HJ Schmoll, F Jahn, AD Carides, RT Webb (2013) Review of the efficacy of aprepitant for the prevention of chemotherapy-induced nausea and vomiting in a range of tumor types, Cancer Treatment Reviews 39 (1), pp 113-117.
- Adiga, R., Carides, A., Chitturi, P. Changes in PINCH and hpTau levels in the CSF of HIV patients. Journal of NeuroVirology, May 2014.
- A Molassiotis, AM Nguyen, CN Rittenberg, A Makalinao, A Carides (2013). Analysis of aprepitant for prevention of chemotherapy-induced nausea and vomiting with moderately and highly emetogenic chemotherapy. Future Oncology (No. 10), pp 1443-1450.
- Hesketh PJ, Warr DG, Street JC, Carides AD. “Differential time course of action of 5-HT3 and NK1 receptor antagonists when used with highly and moderately emetogenic chemotherapy (HEC and MEC)” Supportive Care Cancer, 2011.
- Carides A, Reiss T, Lines C, McKeon B, Diemunsch P. “Comparisons of aprepitant and ondansetron”, Am J Health Syst Pharm, 2007.
- Calculus and Pre-calculus for Business (undergraduate, online)
- Design of Experiments and Quality Control (undergraduate)
- Statistics for Business (undergraduate)
- Invited to The Aspen Forum for Healthcare – Bucharest, Romania—interview published in local media February 2013