In order to use the computer resources available at Temple University, students, faculty, and staff must adhere to the policies and guidelines issued in the following documents:
- Temple University Computer Usage Policy
- Temple University Software Policy
- Temple University Computer and Network Security Policy
- Student Electronic Information (E-mail) Policy
- Policy Regarding Confidentiality of Student Records
- Social Security Number Usage Policy
- Social Security Number Usage Procedures
- Comprehensive Information Security Program
- Class Capture Recording and Retention Policy
Guidelines & Procedures
- Instruction, Policies, and guidelines for usage of canvas for students, faculty and staff can be found here.
Zoom Recordings, Class Capture & FERPA
As Temple continues to use Zoom for online classes and meetings, there has been a major increase in recording and retaining copies of these sessions. Unfortunately, these recordings are large files, and our space is limited. To ensure that we have enough space for Spring 2021 class and special event recordings, we need to take additional measures to free up space. Please note that this only applies to those who record Zoom sessions and has no impact on Zoom meetings that are not recorded.
What do I need to know about FERPA, student privacy and copyright law?
Classroom Technology and Computer Labs
- Student Printing in Temple University Computer Labs
- Billing for After-Hours Events
- Guidelines for Handling a Former Employee’s Personal Computer and Associated Files
- Procedure for Revocation of System Access Upon Termination
A full list of technology policies and guidelines is available on the Temple Computer Services website.
Some of these files are in PDF format. To view them, you will need Adobe Acrobat Reader. You can download the Acrobat Reader from the Adobe Acrobat Web site.