Temple University and The Fox School of Business is committed to providing students, faculty and staff with access to its facilities and the technology and information they need to succeed in and out of the classroom, and that these resources are accessible in accordance with applicable law.
Fox Computer labs and lab resources:
Labs LL6 and LL26 are in the lower level of Speakman Hall and have 2 wheelchair accessible computer stations placed at the entrance of the labs. There is at least one student consultant on shift to support the labs who can assistance during their shifts as well as fulltime technical support staff located in Speakman Hall lower level suite 5. The Fox Computer and Information Technology department has office hours of 8:00am until 5:00pm from Monday through Friday. Computer lab hours, rules and resources are below:
- Assistive hardware is available at the front desk of the Speakman LL 6 computer lab. Our staff of lab consultants are always available to assist during their shift if any of these tools are needed. Here is a list of some of the assistive hardware that we provide:
- ErgoBeads Keyboard Support
- ErgoBeads Mouse Cushions
- Sony headphones
- Kensington Trackballs
- Adesso Easycat touchpads
- Arm-Stand sets
- Super-Mii Mini keyboard
- Contour RollerMouse Free2 Pads
- Optic Book Edge Scanner
- Lab hours are Monday through Friday 8:00am until 8:00pm and Saturday from 9:00am until 5:00pm.
- Lab LL6 has 49 Windows 10 computers with 24″ monitors. Contact phone number: 215-204-2269
- When entering the lab, you must swipe your valid Temple ID at the front reception desk by the entrance of the lab.
- To login to a lab computer you need a valid TU AccessNet account.
- No eating or drinking is permitted in the computer labs at any time.
Assistive Technology offered at Temple Computer Labs
Temple University strives to offer assistive technology universally throughout its campuses. Here is a list of the assistive software provided in Lab LL6 and LL26 in a folder on the desktop named “Accessibility Tools”. This software can also be found in all the breakout room computers which are located on the 2nd, 6th and 7th floors of Alter Hall.
- JAWS – screen reader
- Read and Write – text to speech is also available for download on your computer
- Dragon Naturally Speaking – speech to text
- ZoomText – screen magnifier/reader
University websites and resources:
Disability Resources and Services
Accessible Technology student resources
Free and Low Cost AT Resources
Temple campus route finder