How can families encourage student professional development?
- Support your student’s interest to become actively involved in Fox School Student Professional Organizations (SPO’s) and campus wide organizations.
- Ask your student to visit the Center for Student Professional Development (CSPD) and to attend events sponsored by The Fox School and CSPD.
- Encourage your student to explore to learn more about the CSPD Professional Development model.
- Provide advice rather than answers – your student’s success is as important to us as it is to you!
- Encourage your student to explore interests and experiences and occupations.
- Staying informed is the key to assisting your family member. Please partner with the CSPD to support your student’s professional development!
BA2101 Professional Development Strategies Course is a one-credit course designed to help Fox School undergraduates develop the career competencies and strategies to prepare students for a confident and successful transition from college life to the professional workplace, graduate or professional school. Professional Development Strategies uses the CSPD Professional Development model as a framework to help students learn, apply and refine skills and knowledge
Development of written, oral, visual and non-verbal communications that persuade and inspire others.
Career & Industry Awareness
Demonstration of an understanding of the workplace, various industries and career options through exploration, research and experiential learning.
Use of self-reflection to develop a course of action to improve specific skills that increase one’s potential.
Visit the National Association of Colleges and Employers to learn about upcoming career and employment trends