Parents and Family
How can families encourage student professional development?
- Support your student’s interest to become actively involved in Fox School Student Professional Organizations (SPO’s) and campus wide organizations.
- Ask your student to visit the Center for Student Professional Development (CSPD) and to attend events sponsored by The Fox School and CSPD.
- Encourage your student to explore to learn more about the CSPD Professional Development model.
- Provide advice rather than answers – your student’s success is as important to us as it is to you!
- Encourage your student to explore interests and experiences and occupations.
- Staying informed is the key to assisting your family member. Please partner with the CSPD to support your student’s professional development!
BA2101 Professional Development Strategies Course is a one-credit course designed to help Fox School undergraduates develop the career competencies and strategies to prepare students for a confident and successful transition from college life to the professional workplace, graduate or professional school. Professional Development Strategies uses the CSPD Professional Development model as a framework to help students learn, apply and refine skills and knowledge
Development of written, oral, visual and non-verbal communications that persuade and inspire others.
Career & Industry Awareness
Demonstration of an understanding of the workplace, various industries and career options through exploration, research and experiential learning.
Use of self-reflection to develop a course of action to improve specific skills that increase one’s potential.
Visit the National Association of Colleges and Employers to learn about upcoming career and employment trends
Check out student success stories.