The Lori Hermelin Bush Seed Fund
Having started in medical technology product development, Ms. Bush earned an MBA at the Fox School in 1985 in order to make a career pivot. It was at Fox that she learned project work, marketing, leadership, and how she could apply aspects of scientific design to business challenges.
She later went on to become president of NuSkin and CEO of Rodan + Fields, guiding the skincare company to an annualized run rate of over $1B in revenue. She retired in 2016 to Sonoma, Calif., where she remains involved in corporate board and advisory work and, with her husband, owns a vineyard, Gremlin Vines, and a restaurant, Oso Sonoma.
The Lori Hermelin Bush Seed Fund supports ideas and models that advance women in entrepreneurship. The Fund provides seed funding ranging from $250-$10,000 based on defined needs. Funds are provided when they will have a significant impact on the company’s ability to prove their concept and progress toward launching. Ideas or ventures should be scalable, innovative, and further advance women in entrepreneurship (ex: has women founders or co-founders, impacts women in society, etc).
Submission deadline is Friday, May 3, 2019.
All submissions must be in the portal by 11:59pm.
Selected finalists will pitch on Tuesday, May 21, 2019.
Note: Existing businesses must be less than two years old as of April 30, 2019, have raised less than $50,000 from external funding, and have gross sales of less than $100,000 as of April 30, 2019.
- Brief company description containing no more than 200 characters explaining your company, product, or service, and team members
- Pitch deck (for submission)
- In the “Notes” section of each slide, please be sure to include an explanation of content on that slide.
- Please note that you do not need to follow the exact order of slides found in the guidelines and supportive materials, but you do need to include all of the information somewhere.
- Requested dollar amount and an explanation of how funds will be used with milestones
Enter your submission through the Wizehive Portal here
Learn more about Women Entrepreneurship and three successful women who previously won LBSF grants.
Here is a list of our past winners: