Getting CSPD’d is a process that the Center for Student Professional Development has to ensure Fox students are prepared to use our center, access our resources and have a resume that is ready for employers to review. In order to apply to positions on Handshake, our job and internship database and to attend our Career Connections, you must first get CSPD’d.
Please review the steps below to begin the process.
Complete the Getting Started Virtual Workshop @ CSPD Undergraduate Canvas Course
The Getting Started Virtual Workshop introduces you to our Center, our key services and tools, and ways you can work with and be in touch with us. This workshop will also provide an overview of Handshake, our career management system that highlights all opportunities for students to apply.
Complete the Resume Development Virtual Workshop @ CSPD Undergraduate Canvas Course
The Resume Development Virtual Workshop teaches you how to write a resume using our required Fox Signature format and provides you with tips to help you highlight your skills, accomplishments and fit for jobs and internships to which you might apply.
Bring a paper copy of your resume for a review to the CSPD office during walk-in hours. Here a CSPD staff member or corporate partner will conduct an in-depth resume review and provide helpful tips to improve your document. See our calendar for dates and times.
Once you have completed steps 1 – 3, you are CSPD’d. At this point, you can apply for positions posted on Handshake and attend Fox Career Connection events.
- Please note: In order to have your resume critiqued, you must have completed the Resume Development Virtual Workshop.
To add the CSPD Undergraduate Course to your Canvas Dashboard follow these steps.
- In Canvas, click on “Courses” in the left hand navigation menu
- Scroll down and select “All Courses”
- Click on the “Browse More Courses” icon in the top right section of the screen
- Type “CSPD” into the search bar and click on the “Search” button
- You will see the CSPD Undergraduate course; click on the “+Join this Course” button