Getting CSPD’d is a process that the Center for Student Professional Development has to ensure Fox students are prepared to use our center, access our resources and have a resume that is ready for employers to review. In order to apply to positions on Handshake, our job and internship database and to attend our Career Connections (career fairs), you must first get CSPD’d.
Please review the steps below to begin the process:
1. GETTING STARTED
Schedule an initial 30-minute 1-on-1 appointment with us through Handshake and tell us about your career goals. Bring a copy of your resume as well!
Meet with us today and learn how you can showcase your brand to employers using a variety of resources. We will help you build a plan to search and find the right roles for you.
2. RESUME CRITIQUE
Get your resume CSPD’d (approved by CSPD) so that you can start applying for roles by following the two steps below:
Step 1: Upload your resume to V-mock. V-mock will automatically review your resume and give you a score. You must receive a minimum score of 70%.
Step 2: Once you receive the minimum score of 70%, schedule an appointment with us through Handshake to review your resume for final touches.
3. HANDSHAKE PROFILE COMPLETION
Once your resume has been CSPD’d (approved by CSPD), update your Handshake profile.
- Add your Education, Work Experiences, Organizations/Extracurriculars, Skills, Relevant Courses, and Relevant Projects you are working on, and upload your resume.
- Make your profile public.
- Use Handshake to search and apply for jobs, allow employers to find you, and to receive updates on opportunities you have applied for!
4. SEARCH, REGISTER, & ATTEND EVENTS!
You can find numerous events through (insert Fox events page/Canvas Events Page) and Handshake!