Services for Undergraduate Students
Fox CSPD Virtual Front Desk
Have a question about CSPD services, Handshake, scheduling an appointment, your job search, etc.? Log on to the Fox CSPD Virtual Front Desk Zoom Meeting Room to speak with a CSPD staff member during regular business hours: Monday through Friday, 9 AM – 5 PM.
To access the virtual front desk:
- Go to Zoom.us/join from your computer or mobile device
- Type in foxcspd as the Personal Link Name
- You may need to download the Zoom app on your mobile device
Appointments via Zoom
The CSPD team has added Zoom appointments for coaching conversations and resume critiques. Go to the Appointments page in Handshake to schedule a new appointment.
Sign-up for the following appointments using Handshake: General coaching, Major and Career Exploration, Job Search Strategies, Mock Interviews, Cover Letters, Salary Negotiation, Company and Industry Research, LinkedIn.
Schedule 15-minute virtual appointments for resume critiques. These appointments can be booked via your Handshake account by selecting the “FOX Undergraduate Resume Critique” option. Please have a digital copy of your resume available to share during the session.
How to Schedule an Appointment in Handshake:
- Log on to Handshake and go to the “Career Center” tab, then click on the “Appointments” button
- Once on the Appointments page, click on “Schedule a New Appointment“
- Choose the “Fox School of Business Center for Student Professional Development (CSPD) – Undergraduate” Category
- Select the coaching or resume critique Appointment Type that you are scheduling
- Select an available time and request to schedule it
You will receive an email confirming the appointment along with a Zoom link. Click on the Zoom link at the start of your appointment time. You will be placed in the waiting room until the Career Coach opens the session.
For the remainder of the Spring 2020 semester, all Fox CSPD Wednesday Workshops will be presented virtually via Zoom. Suitable points will be awarded for each workshop. Pre-registration is not required, but recommended. Register for upcoming virtual information sessions and workshops via Handshake’s Events tab.
CSPD Canvas Courses
You will continue to have full access to the CSPD Undergraduate Canvas course containing CSPD’s career and professional development resources.
Please email the CSPD team at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions. If we do not know the answer, we will point you in the right direction.
Services for Graduate Students
Appointments via Zoom
Appointments via Zoom can be scheduled in advance via Handshake. You will receive an email confirming the appointment along with a Zoom link. Click on the Zoom link at the start of your appointment time.
Appointments can be reserved as little as one hour in advance. If you are requesting a resume review, please upload your resume to Handshake at least one day prior to your appointment.
If Zoom is not a viable option for you, email your CSPD liaison to schedule a meeting via phone. If you have any trouble scheduling an appointment, please contact email@example.com and we’ll be happy to assist you.
Frequently Asked Questions
Will I be able to see the resources that my coach would usually show me in person?
Yes, your coach will be able to share their screen with you; you can share yours as well.
How do I schedule a CSPD Zoom Appointment in Handshake?
- Log in to Handshake and go to the “Career Center” tab, then click on the “Appointments” button.
- Once on the Appointments page, click on “Schedule a New Appointment.”
- Choose the “Fox School of Business Center for Student Professional Development (CSPD) – Graduate” Category.
- Select the coaching Appointment Type you would like to request.
- Select an available day and time, then click Request to schedule it.
Who is my CSPD liaison and when are they generally available?
- MBA Programs (PMBA): Kathleen Williams | Mon, Wed, Thurs afternoons
- MBA Programs: Janis Moore Campbell | Mon, Tues mornings, Fri afternoons
- MS programs: Dilyara Kashaeva | Mon, Tues afternoons, Thurs mornings, some Thurs evenings
- MS programs: Lynn Carroll | Mon, Wed, Fri mornings, some Thurs evenings
If you would like an appointment on a date without listed availability, let us know. We will be flexible during this transition to a virtual delivery of services. If you have any trouble scheduling an appointment, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll be happy to assist you.
Services for Corporate Partners
In an effort to keep our community safe and healthy, all CSPD on-campus employer events including interviews, information tables, classroom presentations, etc. have been cancelled for the remainder of the spring semester.
However, there are still many ways to engage with Fox students virtually:
- Post your active jobs and internships via the Handshake platform
- Host virtual events via webinars, Zoom, etc. and promote them via Handshake
- Conduct virtual interviews coordinated through the Fox CSPD Employer Partnerships team
Please contact the Fox CSPD Employer Partnerships team with any questions. We are ready to support your organization as you adapt recruitment strategies and promote job and internship opportunities during this unprecedented situation.
Note: If you have any Temple University students currently, or soon to be employed by your organization, please be sure to update them on your operating status, guidelines, and start date changes if applicable. We have encouraged students to discuss concerns directly with their intern instructors/advisors (if earning course credit) and supervisors.