Amy Holdsman is the Founder and President of Essential Leadership. She provides leadership coaching, consulting, and philanthropic advising services to her clients. Amy has twenty years of proven executive experience in leadership, management, and strategic growth of nonprofit organizations. Her background includes extensive experience in leadership coaching and team-building, strategic planning, change management, social entrepreneurship, programming, board and staff development, community-based partnerships, systems and operations improvement, fiscal management, public relations, grant making and fundraising.
Key Career Milestones
- Led White-Williams Scholars, a 210-year old nonprofit organization, through a radical transformation and cultural shift while respecting its rich history and tradition.
- Served as Interim Chief Advancement Officer for the City of Philadelphia’s Mural Arts Program, restructuring and coaching the senior leadership team.
- Placed hundreds of executives on nonprofit boards of directors, fulfilling their deepest need for meaningful community involvement.
Additional Skills and Talents
- She maintains extensive knowledge of the philanthropic, social, business, and public sectors in the Greater Philadelphia region.
- She has received extensive training in the art and science of leadership coaching from the the Teleos Leadership Coach Development Program.
- She is a seasoned yoga and meditation practitioner and teacher on a Hero’s Journey.