Point of Contact: Sarah Mailloux
Program Format: Online Meeting (Live)
Training Topics: COVID-19 General Support, Disaster Recovery, Managing a Business
The events industry lends itself to entrepreneurship and freelance opportunities. In order to succeed, however, you need to understand the necessary skills, pricing, branding and a number of other critical issues. This module covers all of this and more.
Attendees will be able to:
– Recognize opportunities for entrepreneurship in the event industry
– Understand what planning must be put in place to succeed as a freelancer
– Determine what capabilities they can utilize as an entrepreneur in this space
– Event-based businesses
– Hotels, restaurants, etc. with event space
– Individuals interested in entering the event industry
Katie Baer is an experienced event planner and executive director. With a B. Arts in Interior Design from Kent State University and a Masters in Tourism and Hospitality Management from Temple University, Katie combines her love of design with her innate ability to plan. Over the past 10 years Katie has worked on an array of projects in scale and scope including outdoor music and wine festivals, corporate learning events, Bar and Bat Mitzvahs, and the Philadelphia Flower Show. She serves as the Executive Director of Entrepreneurs’ Organization of Philadelphia and regularly teaches a certificate course on event planning at Temple University.Instructions:
Zoom link sent with registration. Confirm that email address is correct.