Point of Contact: Kiki Leavy
Program Format: Online Meeting (Live)
Training Topics: COVID-19 General Support, Disaster Planning, Managing a Business, Risk Management
This Small Business Motivation & Mobilization multi-part workshop utilizes personal testimonies, interactive video, written case studies, and small/large group discussions to grow soft skills necessary to navigate unfamiliar and challenging landscapes many businesses have to overcome over the past year. In this session, we will discuss identifying toxic triggers, managing stressors, communicating through crisis, and how to create objectives in a disaster situation.
Attendees will be able to:
– Hear from a guest speaker regarding effective communication in a crisis
– Participate in a guided discussion on crisis communication
– Understand what the 5 toxic triggers are and learn about the habits of highly effective people
– Reflect on stress management and how to recognize stressors in the environment
– Any businesses, small or large, preparing for future sustainability
– Business owners looking for soft skills to help them rise to the occasion and handle difficult situations
This session is presented by Donavan S. West of Black Business Accelerator (BBA). BBA is a nonprofit endeavor to strategically network and leverage West’s 20+ years of experience and relationships to provide a culturally sensitive and contextualized approach to business development. As the former President CEO of the African American Chamber of Commerce for PA, NJ, DE and COO of a multi-faceted nonprofit, Donavan coupled these positions with over 18 years of entrepreneurial experience to deliver a unique player-coach perspective the resonates with his clients in very meaningful and impactful ways. During his journey, Donavan has served a myriad of businesses like The Philadelphia Metro, Keystone Mercy HPE, Entrepreneur Works, Johnson and Johnson and Boeing, just to name a few. Instructions:
Zoom link sent with registration. Confirm that the email address is typed correctly.