Point of Contact: Sarah Mailloux
Program Format: Online Meeting (Live)
Training Topics: COVID-19 General Support, Managing a Business
This Small Business Motivation & Mobilization multi-part workshop enables small businesses to learn soft skills and increase their emotional intelligence to handle difficult situations and enhance their critical thinking capabilities. In this session, we will discuss identifying personal and professional strengths, locating business resources, reflecting on “right” choices, and mindfulness. These concepts will help business owners recognize that their last iteration of their business might be done, but they can still cultivate the next step through their own skills and energy.
Attendees will be able to:
– Reflect and replay pivotal moments for their business
– Recognize stages of grief and how to process and move forward
– Create a personal and professional KSA inventory
– Identify business support resources
– Understand the importance of meditation, stress-relief, and mindful movement to bring their best selves to their business
– Any businesses, small or large, preparing for future sustainability
– Business owners looking for soft skills to help them rise to the occasion and handle difficult situations
This session is presented by Donavan S. West of Black Business Accelerator (BBA). BBA is a nonprofit endeavor to strategically network and leverage West’s 20+ years of experience and relationships to provide a culturally sensitive and contextualized approach to business development. As the former President CEO of the African American Chamber of Commerce for PA, NJ, DE and COO of a multi-faceted nonprofit, Donavan coupled these positions with over 18 years of entrepreneurial experience to deliver a unique player-coach perspective the resonates with his clients in very meaningful and impactful ways. During his journey, Donavan has served a myriad of businesses like The Philadelphia Metro, Keystone Mercy HPE, Entrepreneur Works, Johnson and Johnson and Boeing, just to name a few. Instructions:
Zoom link sent upon registration. Confirm that the email address is correct.