Status: Open- 26 places remaining
Registration Deadline: 1/9/2020 8:00 AM (EST)
Fee: No Fee
Training Topics: Human Resources/Managing Employees
Description: Understanding Wage and Hour Regulations for New and Small Businesses Many small business owners have questions regarding their minimum wage, overtime, and recordkeeping obligations.
This event will give a brief overview of the Fair Labor Standards Act, and address common issues like:
– Is my business covered under the law?
– How is overtime calculated?
– Pay deduction issues
– What must be paid as “hours worked”?
– What records am I required to keep?
– What types of exemptions are there from minimum wage and overtime?
We will be joined by Elizabeth Zimmer-Mull, Community Outreach Resource & Planning Specialist for the Wage and Hour Division of the United States Department of Labor. Feel free to bring your lunch to this event.
Point of Contact: Jamie Shanker-Passero (215) 204-2375
Center: Temple University SBDC Main Campus