The Fox IB Internship Program
How about adding an international business internship experience to your resume and picking 3 credits toward your Fox undergraduate or graduate degree along the way?
The international business internship program is designed to provide experiential learning to students. Students will apply what they have learned in the classroom to a hands-on professional project to be implemented within a thriving international business environment. The IB internship program is offered through registration to a 3-credit course, IB 3581, which counts as a free elective (except for students pursuing the newly created IB professional concentrations in the new IBA UG major curriculum launching this Fall 2014).
This course is also cross-listed for graduate students, who will be offered IB internship projects commensurate with their prior professional experience, knowledge and skills.
Who is it for?
This program is NOT limited to IBA major students.
All Fox students can potentially participate, as long as they have already completed their intro to international business course (or its equivalent in their Fox major: FIN 3551, MKG 3553, MIS 3553, RMI 3567) with a C grade minimum.
Why should you do it?
- Resume-booster: According to a recent employer survey in the Wall Street Journal, internship experience is the #1 selection criterion (before even GPA or major) employers look for when considering a job applicant.
- You will be able to apply and grow your business skills in an international professional context.
- This is NOT your regular 9-to-5 internship fetching coffee. Every intern has to design an IB internship 100-hour project with the employer. The 100-hour duration makes it compatible with a full-time courseload. And you work on a concrete deliverable that you can include in your professional portfolio and talk about in job interviews.
- We have lots of exciting internship offers. We will work with you to understand your individual profile and tailor your IB internship project with you.
- You will be mentored by a Fox Professor in charge of the program every step of the way: you get an internship bootcamp training at the beginning, and progress report meetings throughout the semester.
Success Story: A Newsworthy IB Internship
IBA major student Shahara Anderson-Davis was one of the first IB interns participating in the program launched in Fall 2013.
Her IB internship project consists in developing a business plan and crowdfunding campaign for Greener Days LLC to support the company’s internationalization. Its products are sold under the brand GreenerWays Organic. The fim specializes in organic insect repellent. Sharahara will also assist with social media promotion.
The Philadelphia Inquirer ran a full article about the company, its owners daughter-father Jayme and Alan Neiburg (right), as well as Fox-intern Shahara (left) on Dec 31, 2013.
How to register?
- It is essential that you register early for this program as this is not a simple course, we will match you to a company based on your skills and interest.
- Register for the IB3581 course.
- Please make a appointment with Professor Ronald Drozd to discuss your internship choices.
Feel free to contact Professor Ronald Drozd, the program leader: firstname.lastname@example.org