COVID-19 Prevention Tips
While there is currently no vaccine to prevent the coronavirus disease, as a reminder, to help prevent the spread of upper respiratory diseases, the CDC recommends the following steps.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after going to the bathroom; before eating; and after blowing your nose, coughing or sneezing.
The CDC has specific guidelines for travelers. Face masks should be used by people who show symptoms of COVID-19 to help prevent the spread of the disease to others.