The Fox School of Business utilizes an online application process. Start and complete your application at your own pace through our Application Portal. Because we have a rolling admissions process, we encourage you to apply as early as possible while space is available in the program.
If you have any questions about using the Application Portal, please contact Brooke Norris:
All applicants to the Fox MAcc program are required to have the following:
- A bachelor’s degree, regardless of undergraduate major, from an accredited college or university.
- GMAT or GRE scores at or above the 70th percentile.
- Overall minimum 3.0 GPA at the completion of 90 semester hours of bachelor’s degree coursework, with a minimum 3.0 GPA in accounting.
- Six prerequisite accounting courses (or course equivalent) with a final grade of B- or better:
- Financial Accounting
- Cost Accounting
- Intermediate Accounting I
- Intermediate Accounting II
- Federal Taxes on Income
Fox School of Business undergraduate non-accounting major applicants: Final acceptance is conditional on the successful completion of the Fox Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA) and satisfaction of the prerequisites.
International applicants: International applications must satisfy all admissions prerequisites with the following additional considerations:
- Prerequisite Financial Accounting, Intermediate Accounting I, and Intermediate Accounting II equivalents must address U.S. Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- Prerequisite tax course should address U.S. tax laws.
- In addition to official university transcripts, course descriptions and/or syllabi describing course requirements in English must be included.
Completed application. Applications may be completed through our online Application Portal.
Current professional resume.
Nonrefundable $60 USD application fee, payable by credit card as part of the online application process.
Transcripts from every credit-bearing post-secondary academic institution attended. Unofficial transcripts will be accepted during the application review process; sealed and certified official transcripts or mark sheets in English will be required upon admission and enrollment. Electronic transcripts submitted directly from the institution to our admissions office are considered sealed and certified. International applicants: see details about international transcript requirements.
Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT) or the Graduate Record Examinations (GRE) General Test scores, taken within the last five years. Official test scores from the test provider will need to be submitted upon admission and enrollment.
- What past experiences prepared or motivated you to pursue a Master of Accountancy degree?
- How would you expect to change over the course of the program?
- What personal and professional values and skills do you hope to acquire beyond the academic content?
- How will obtaining the MAcc help you achieve your career goals?
Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) scores for non-native English speakers, unless degree is from an English language university located in a native English language country.
Two letters of recommendation. Contact information for references may be submitted through the online Application Portal; references may then complete our electronic form or upload their own letters of recommendation.
Required essay: Please include one essay that discusses your professional plans and goals. Your essay should address the following questions:
December 15 – Early Decision Deadline
March 1 – Preferred Deadline and International Deadline
June 30 – Final Deadline
November 1 – Priority Merit-Based Scholarship Deadline for Temple Students
December 10 – Priority Merit-Based Scholarship Deadline for all other applicants
April 15 – Need-Based Scholarship Deadline
Applicants are automatically considered for merit-based scholarships, provided the admissions application is received by the scholarship deadline.
Admitted students who demonstrate financial need as well as academic achievement may qualify for need-based scholarships. To apply, complete the simple MAcc Need-Based Scholarship Application and the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) by April 15.
Our admissions staff is available to help you throughout the application process. Please reach out to our team with any questions or concerns you may have.