Graduation is a five step process. It is imperative that you complete each step of the process to be cleared for graduation and receive your diploma.
All Fox School students who expect to complete their degree requirements in the current semester must file a “Request for a Graduation Review” with the Fox School of Business’ Undergraduate Advising Office. Your academic advisor will complete a graduation review and send you a list of your remaining requirements prior to registering for your final semester. All students should review their major(s), minors(s) and graduation date with their academic advisors to report errors or make corrections to programs. Click here to request a graduation review of remaining courses.
Step 2 – Check Your Email
After your Request for a Graduation Review has been processed, your academic advisor will complete and e-mail you a graduation review listing your courses remaining to graduate. Typically, it takes approximately four to five weeks for processing. If you do not successfully complete these courses, your remaining requirements will need to request a new graduation review and an updated graduation date. – please contact your academic advisor.
Step 3 – Review Your Summer/Fall Course Registration
Please verify that you are registered for the courses listed on your Graduation Review that you received from your academic advisor. Report any discrepancies to your advisor. If you do not successfully complete all of your current courses, your remaining requirements will need to request a new graduation review and an updated graduation date. – please contact your academic advisor.
Step 4 – Submit Graduation application
Temple University awards degrees three times of year, Winter, Spring and Summer. View graduation application deadlines below:
|Degree completion term||Application deadline to appear in the Commencement Book||Diploma name change deadline||Recorded on the transcript and diploma issuance|
|Spring Graduation||February 1||May 15 at 11:59 p.m. (ET)||First week of June|
|Summer Graduation||June 1||August 15 at 11:59 p.m. (ET)||First week of September|
|Fall Graduation||October 1||January 15 at 11:59 p.m. (ET)||First week of February|
You will not be included on the final graduation list, commencement book, or receive a diploma if you do not complete this step by the above designated deadlines.
Directions for submitting graduation application in Self Service Banner:
- Log into the TU Portal and click on the Self Service Banner link in the left column
- Click on the “Student Tools” tab
- View on the “Student Records”
- Click on “Apply to Graduate” and follow the instructions to complete.
Before submitting, verify that all your program information is listed correctly in the application – your graduation date, your major(s), minor(s) and certificate(s).
If any program information or your graduation date is incorrect, email your advisor to request your desired correction BEFORE submitting your application. Be sure to include your nine digit TU ID number.
* If you have already submitted a graduation application through Self-Service Banner, click on View Graduation Application and review the information to be sure it is correct.
If your anticipated graduation date has changed or you have questions about your requirements, email your academic advisor.
If you have problems submitting the graduation application, please contact your academic advisor with specific details of the problem.
Step 5 – Submit the Commencement Ceremony RSVP
Commencement Ceremony Information
Dean Ronald Anderson and the Faculty of the Fox School of Business invite you to participate in
The Fox School of Business Winter Graduation Celebration
- Reception Location: Alter Hall Atrium
- Reception Date & Time: Prior to the above ceremony, starting at 11 AM. ( Please invite your friends and family)
- Ceremony Location: Liacouras Center, 1776 N Broad Street, Philadelphia, PA 19121
- Ceremony Date & Time: January 28, 2022, 2 PM
- Students must report at Liacouras Loading Dock to check in and line up at 12:30 PM. Look for signs and student workers to guide you to the Liacouras Center.)
- RSVP Here starting November 5, 2021. The RSVP will close on January 7th, 2022.
President Richard M. Englert and the Board of Trustees invite you to participate in The May 2022University Commencement Ceremony. During this ceremony you stand and sit with the Fox School of Business graduates. Names are not called at the university-wide ceremony, they are called at the below Fox Ceremony.
- Date: To be posted when available.
- 8:00 AM Liacouras Center Doors Open
- 8:00 AM -8:15 AM Graduates report to Liacouras Center loading dock for line up
- 9:30 AM 133rd University Wide Commencement Ceremony begins
Dean Ron Anderson and the Faculty of the Fox School of Business and School of Tourism and Hospitality Management invite you to participate in The Fox School of Business and the School of Tourism and Hospitality Management Graduation Reception & Ceremony. During this ceremony your name is called and you walk across the stage.
- Date: To be posted when available.
- 12:00 PM Graduates report to Liacouras Center loading dock for line up
- 1:30 PM Fox School of Business Commencement Ceremony begins
- Fox School Reception Location: Alter Hall, 1st Floor Atrium
- Reception Date & Time: Immediately following the ceremony
Frequently Asked Questions
Temple graduates are required to wear their school/college’s approved cap, gown and hood at commencement and graduation. You may pre-order your academic regalia online or in-person at the Main Campus Bookstore or order online for home delivery. For more information about the cap and gown order, please contact the Main Campus Bookstore at 215-204-5578.
Please note: The cap, gown (made of 100% post-consumer recycled plastic bottles) and hood are yours to keep.
For more information, please contact the Main Campus Bookstore at 215-204-4505 or 215-204-5578.
Senior Portraits for the 2021 Templar Yearbook
When: Beginning Monday, August 2nd
Where: Howard Gittis Student Center, Room 220
Schedule your appointment at www.ouryear.com using school code 87120 or call 1-800-687-9327. Prestige Portraits by Lifetouch can also be reached via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Portraits will be taken in your business attire, and cap & gown. Caps and gowns will be provided.
Please be prepared to provide the photographer with your major at the time of your sitting. Don’t forget that you can use these portraits for your professional networking and job search sites.
- Winter Ceremony yearbooks are not available until the Spring/May 2022 commencement ceremony. Temple University includes all summer, winter and spring graduates in the spring/May yearbook.
- Yearbooks can be picked at the Fox School Celebratory Reception in Alter Hall immediately following the spring/May ceremony. Alternatively, you can come to Speakman Hall Room 101 after May 15th. You will receive notification of dates via email. For information about the yearbook and yearbook photos, please visit the Templar website.
- Families and friends of Temple students graduating in 2021 have the opportunity to purchase an Owl Pride advertisement in the Templar Yearbook. They can purchase something as simple as a Hoot for $15 or a half-page ad for $55 if they buy by the early deadline. Stay tuned to your Temple email and your Graduation Canvas for dates and fees.
- Any questions can be directed to email@example.com or to 215-204-7299.
- Stay tuned to your Temple email. Once you have completed your courses on or shortly after January 26, 2022 you will be emailed your digital diploma and instructions on how to request your printed diploma.
- Diplomas will not be released for students who owe the University money or library books, those who have not completed exit paperwork if required, and those who have financial holds: http://sfs.temple.edu/. Be sure to resolve such matters prior to your completion of courses. If you are unable to clear your hold until after the graduation ceremony, you MUST contact the Advising Office in order to receive your diploma.
A graduation announcement is a digital commemorative announcement with the details of the graduation ceremony. Graduates can share this with their family, friends and on their social media platforms. Eligible graduates can download the digital commemorative announcement via their Graduation Canvas.
- Temple graduates are required to wear their school/college’s approved cap, gown and hood at all commencement ceremonies. You may pre-order your academic regalia online or in-person at the Main Campus Bookstore with cash, check (payable to Temple University Bookstore), Visa, MasterCard, Discover or American Express. Pre-orders may be shipped to the bookstore free of charge, or to a home address for a shipping & handling charge.
- Please note: The cap, gown (made of 100% post-consumer recycled plastic bottles) and hood are yours to keep.
- For more information, please contact the Main Campus Bookstore at 215-204-4505 or 215-204-
- Winter Ceremony: The winter ceremony does not have a limit on the number of tickets. You can obtain these tickets by completing an online RSVP and ticket request via your Graduation Canvas. Tickets are NOT required for guests to attend the Fox School Graduation Ceremony (PM ceremony) and there is no limit to the number of guests who attend this school ceremony. However, you must RSVP using the online ticket request system via your Graduation Canvas.
- May Ceremony Information: The University commencement (AM ceremony) DOES have a limit of 4 guests and tickets are required for entry. You can obtain these tickets by completing an online RSVP and ticket request. Tickets are NOT required for guests to attend the Fox School Graduation Ceremony (PM ceremony) and there is no limit to the number of guests who can attend this school ceremony. However, you must RSVP using the online ticket request system. Refer to the Upcoming Ceremony page and check your email for more details as your graduation approaches. Eligible graduates will receive 4 tickets that will be distributed in the advising center Administrative Office, Speakman Hall, Rm. 101 on Main Campus. Tickets will be distributed April 21 through April 24 from 9:00am – 4:30pm. You must submit an RSVP to obtain tickets. Tickets will not be distributed on the morning of Graduation.
- Winter Ceremony: There is only one ceremony for the winter graduation, the Fox School of Business Ceremony where all graduates names are called. There is not a university-wide ceremony during the winter graduation.
- May Ceremony Information: No, you have the option to attend one or both ceremonies. Your name is only called during the Fox School of Business ceremony.
Please check your Canvas Site or email FoxAdvis@temple.edu for graduation information.