Graduation is a five step process. It is imperative that you complete each step of the process to be cleared for graduation and receive your diploma.
All Fox School students who expect to complete their degree requirements in December 2019 and participate in the graduation ceremony on January 31, 2020 must file a “Request for a Graduation Review” with the Fox School. Your academic advisor will complete a graduation review and send you a list of your remaining requirements prior to registering for your final semester. All students should review their with their academic advisors to report errors or make corrections to programs. Click here to request a graduation review of remaining courses.
Step 2 – Check Your Email
After your Request for a Graduation Review has been processed, your academic advisor will complete and e-mail you a graduation review listing your courses remaining to graduate. Typically, it takes approximately four to five weeks for processing. If you do not successfully complete these courses, your remaining requirements will need to be revised – please contact your academic advisor.
Step 3 – Review Your Summer/Fall Course Registration
Please verify that you are registered for the courses listed on your Graduation Review that you received from your academic advisor and check your to be sure all your requirements are met. Report any discrepancies to your advisor. If you do not successfully complete all of your current courses, your remaining requirements will need to be revised – please contact your academic advisor.
Step 4 – Submit Graduation application
You must submit an application for Winter 2019 (December 2019) graduation in Self-Service Banner. You will not be included on the final graduation list or receive a diploma if you do not complete this step. The graduation application is currently open and closes on December 9, 2019.
Directions for submitting graduation application in Self Service Banner:
- Log into the TU Portal and click on the Self Service Banner link in the left column
- Click on the Student tab
- Click on the Student Records tab
- Click on Apply to Graduate and follow the instructions to complete.
Before submitting, verify that all your program information is listed correctly in the application – your graduation date, your major(s), minor(s) and certificate(s).
If all of your program information is correct, submit your application. If any program information or your graduation date is incorrect, see your advisor BEFORE submitting your application.
* If you have already submitted a graduation application through Self-Service Banner, click on View Graduation Application and review the information to be sure it is correct.
If your anticipated graduation date has changed or you have questions about your requirements, please contact your academic advisor.
If you have problems submitting the graduation application, please please contact your academic advisor with specific details of the problem.
Step 5 – Submit the Commencement Ceremony RSVP
You must RSVP to attend both the university and school commencement ceremonies. Your RSVP will provide you with ceremony ticket, graduation announcements and a garage parking pass. The RSVP System will be open/available here beginning December 13th 2019. – Announcements and parking voucher packets will be distributed January 21st through the 24th from 9:00am through 4:45pm in Speakman Hall Room 101. Plan accordingly to come to pick them up.
Petition to Participate in Graduation for Non-Graduates
Graduation is a time to celebrate the completion of your degree and is a joyous time for both graduates and their families. Students who are not graduating, but are within 2 courses (maximum of 8 credits) may petition to participate in graduation prior to graduating. If approved, students will participate in the ceremony, but their names will not appear in the programs nor will honors be announced (this is often important to families).
Effective December 2019, The Fox School only holds two graduation ceremonies: Winter and Spring. The Winter Ceremony is for students have completed their degree requirements by the end of the fall semester. The Spring Ceremony is for students who have completed the degree requirements by the end of the spring semester.
Petitions must be submitted by the University graduation application deadline (see below) for the graduation requested NO EXCEPTIONS WILL BE MADE.
The deadlines are:
– November 15 for the January graduation ceremony
– February 15 for the May commencement and graduation ceremonies
Must first log into your TUMail to access this petition – Click here to submit your petition to participate as a non-graduate in the commencement ceremony.
Dean Ronald Anderson and the Faculty of the Fox School of Business invite you to participate in
The Fox School of Business Winter Graduation Celebration
- Reception Location: Zoom
- Reception Date & Time: January 14, 2021 6:00 PM
President Richard M. Englert and the Board of Trustees invite you to participate in The May 2020 University Commencement Ceremony. During this ceremony you stand and sit with the Fox School of Business graduates. Names are not called at the university-wide ceremony, they are called at the below Fox Ceremony.
- Date: Thursday May 7, 2020
- 8:00 AM Liacouras Center Doors Open
- 8:00 AM -8:15 AM Graduates report to Liacouras Center loading dock for line up
- 9:30 AM 133rd University Wide Commencement Ceremony begins
Dean Ron Anderson and the Faculty of the Fox School of Business and School of Tourism and Hospitality Management invite you to participate in The Fox School of Business and the School of Tourism and Hospitality Management Graduation Reception & Ceremony. During this ceremony your name is called and you walk across the stage.
- Date: Friday, May 8, 2020
- 12:00 PM Graduates report to Liacouras Center loading dock for line up
- 1:30 PM Fox School of Business Commencement Ceremony begins
- Fox School Reception Location: Alter Hall, 1st Floor Atrium
- Reception Date & Time: Immediately following the ceremony
Frequently Asked Questions
Temple graduates are required to wear their school/college’s approved cap, gown and hood at commencement and graduation. You may pre-order your academic regalia online or in-person at the Main Campus Bookstore with cash, check (payable to Temple University Bookstore), Visa, MasterCard, Discover or American Express. Pre-orders may be shipped to the bookstore free of charge, or to a home address for a shipping & handling fee of $15.95. April 5, 2020 is the last day to order online. After April 5, 2020, you must come to the Temple University Bookstore to purchase. The cost of your full academic regalia is as follows: Bachelors Degree: $73.98 + tax
Please note: The cap, gown (made of 100% post-consumer recycled plastic bottles) and hood are yours to keep.
For more information, please contact the Main Campus Bookstore at 215-204-4505 or 215-204-5578.
Please click here to view the official university guidelines for ordering cords, sashes and stoles for the graduation commencement ceremonies.
Senior Portraits for the 2020 Templar Yearbook
When: Beginning Monday, August 5th
Where: Howard Gittis Student Center, Room 220
Schedule your appointment at www.ouryear.com using school code 87120 or call 1-800-687-9327 Monday through Thursday from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Prestige Portraits by Lifetouch can also be reached via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Portraits will be taken in your business attire, and cap & gown. Caps and gowns will be provided.
Please be prepared to provide the photographer with your major at the time of your sitting. Don’t forget that you can use these portraits for your professional networking and job search sites.
- Yearbooks can be picked at the Fox School Celebratory Reception in Alter Hall immediately following the ceremony. Alternatively, you can come to Speakman Hall Room 101 after May 15th. You will receive notification of dates via email. For information about the yearbook and yearbook photos, please visit the Templar website.
- Families and friends of Temple students graduating in 2020 have the opportunity to purchase an Owl Pride advertisement in the Templar Yearbook. They can purchase something as simple as a Hoot for $15 or a half-page ad for $55 if they buy by the early deadline of Friday, Dec. 13. Please download the form and submit your order.
- Any questions can be directed to email@example.com or to 215-204-7299.
- Diplomas will be mailed to your permanent address 6 – 8 weeks after the date of graduation to all academically and financially cleared students. Be sure to update your permanent address in the TUPortal by selecting “Manage My Account” if you expect a change in residence before graduation. Contact The Office of the University Registrar if you need help updating your address- https://www.temple.edu/registrar/contacts.asp
- Diplomas will not be released for students who owe the University money or library books, those who have not completed exit paperwork if required, and those who have financial holds: http://sfs.temple.edu/. Be sure to resolve such matters prior to your completion of courses. If you are unable to clear your hold until after the graduation ceremony, you MUST contact the Advising Office in order to receive your diploma
Your final transcript with your degree posted is your official verification of graduation. Transcripts are issued (unless you have HOLDS) by the Office of the University Registrar, usually within 2 – 4 weeks of your official graduation date.
- A professional photographer will be present to record this important moment of your life. The photographer will mail a complimentary proof directly to your home (permanent address) with information about purchasing additional prints.
- Flash photography and videography are permitted on premises for Commencement.
- The University Commencement is for graduates from all Temple’s Schools and Colleges. Graduates are recognized by School. Your name is not called at this ceremony.
- The Fox School/STHM Graduation Ceremony is only for students graduating from these schools and each student’s name and honors are recognized by the Dean as you are called on stage. A professional photographer will be present to record this important moment of your life. Your name is called at this ceremony while you walk across the stage and shake the Dean’s hand. Your name is called at this ceremony.
A graduation announcement is a small commemorative document announcing the details of the graduation ceremony. Eligible graduates will receive 4 announcements that will be distributed in your advising center Administrative Office, Speakman Hall, Rm. 101 on Main Campus. Announcements will be distributed April 21 through April 24 from 9:00am – 4:30pm. You must submit an RSVP to obtain announcements. Announcements will not be distributed on the morning of Graduation.
Eligible graduates will receive a complimentary parking pass which will be distributed in your advising center. Refer to the Upcoming Ceremony page for specific parking location and check your email for more details as your graduation approaches.
- Temple graduates are required to wear their school/college’s approved cap, gown and hood at all commencement ceremonies. You may pre-order your academic regalia online or in-person at the Main Campus Bookstore with cash, check (payable to Temple University Bookstore), Visa, MasterCard, Discover or American Express. Pre-orders may be shipped to the bookstore free of charge, or to a home address for a shipping & handling charge.
- If you are an Ambler Campus student, please contact the Ambler Bookstore at 267-468-8460 to pre-order.
- Refer to the Upcoming Ceremony page and your email for more details as your graduation approaches.
This same ticket request system is used for the entire University and some schools do require tickets for their school ceremonies. Although the ticket request system states a 20 ticket maximum for the Fox School Ceremony, please note that the Fox school ceremony DOES NOT limit the number of guests who can attend and no tickets are required for entry. You MUST use the online ticket request system if you plan to attend either or both ceremonies in order to RSVP. Refer to the Upcoming Ceremony page and your email for more details as your graduation approaches. Eligible graduates will receive 4 tickets that will be distributed in the advising center Administrative Office, Speakman Hall, Rm. 101 on Main Campus. Tickets will be distributed April 21 through April 24 from 9:00am – 4:30pm. You must submit an RSVP to obtain tickets. Tickets will not be distributed on the morning of Graduation.
The University commencement (AM ceremony) DOES have a limit of 4 guests and tickets are required for entry. You can obtain these tickets by completing an online RSVP and ticket request. Tickets are NOT required for guests to attend the Fox School Graduation Ceremony (PM ceremony) and there is no limit to the number of guests who attend this school ceremony. However, you must RSVP using the online ticket request system. Refer to the Upcoming Ceremony page and check your email for more details as your graduation approaches. Eligible graduates will receive 4 tickets that will be distributed in the advising center Administrative Office, Speakman Hall, Rm. 101 on Main Campus. Tickets will be distributed April 21 through April 24 from 9:00am – 4:30pm. You must submit an RSVP to obtain tickets. Tickets will not be distributed on the morning of Graduation.
Yes. Tickets are required for your guests to attend the University Commencement Ceremony (in May). Eligible graduates will receive 4 tickets that will be distributed in the advising center Administrative Office, Speakman Hall, Rm. 101 on Main Campus. Tickets will be distributed April 21 through April 24 from 9:00am – 4:30pm. You must submit an RSVP to obtain tickets. Tickets will not be distributed on the morning of Graduation.
No, you have the option to attend one or both ceremonies. Your name is only called during the Fox School of Business ceremony.
Students graduating from the Fox School of Business / School of Tourism and Hospitality Management in the current semester and approved “walkers.” Each student is recognized individually by the Dean as you are called by name onto the stage at the Fox School of Business Ceremony.
View the university commencement website for more helpful information: http://www.temple.edu/commencement
Your academic transcript is your official confirmation of graduation. Transcripts become available for ordering typically two – four weeks after the official graduation date (six weeks for May graduates). You will not receive your transcript if you have holds! Please review the Registrar’s website for details on how to order an official transcript: http://www.temple.edu/registrar/alumnifamily/verification/transcripts/