Dr. Yifan Song is an Assistant Professor of Human Resource Management at the Fox School of Business, Temple University. She obtained a Ph.D. in Management from University of Florida in 2019.
Dr. Song’s main areas of research include work-related stress and leadership in teams. Specifically, her work on work-related stress has focused on understanding how employees and teams react to work-related stressors and identifying effective interventions to reduce the undesired consequences of these stressors. In particular, apart from stressors that commonly exist in most employees’ daily work routines (e.g., mistreatment from customers, coworkers, and supervisors), she is also interested in studying work stressors that are uniquely relevant to specific employee populations (e.g., organizational newcomers, migrant workers, and older workers). In addition, her work on leadership in teams has mainly focused on examining how CEO leader behaviors and top management team leadership structures impact business unit performance.
Dr. Song’s work has appeared in leading outlets, such as Academy of Management Journal, Journal of Applied Psychology, and Academy of Management Discoveries.
- Song, Y., Liu, Y., Wang, M., Lanaj, K., Johnson, R., & Shi, J. (2018). A social mindfulness approach to understanding experienced customer mistreatment: A within-person field experiment. Academy of Management Journal, 61, 994-1020.
- Chen, J., Bamberger, P., Song, Y., & Vashdi, D. (2018). The effects of team reflexivity on psychological well-being in manufacturing teams. Journal of Applied Psychology, 103, 443-462.
- Liu, Y., Song, Y., Koopmann, J. M., Wang, M., Chang, C.-H. & Shi, J. (2017). Eating your feelings? Testing a model of employees’ work-related stressors, sleep quality, and unhealthy eating. Journal of Applied Psychology, 102, 1237-1258.
- Song, Y., Liu, Y., Shi, J., & Wang, M. (2017). Use of proactive socialization tactics and socialization outcomes: A latent growth modeling approach to understanding newcomer socialization process. Academy of Management Discoveries, 3, 42-63
- Von Bonsdorff, M., Zhan, Y., Song, Y., & Wang, M. (2017). Examining bridge employment from a self-employment perspective – Evidence from the health and retirement study. Work, Aging and Retirement, 3, 298-312
Work-related stress, leadership and teams, research methods