Dr. Wayne W. Williams is an Assistant Professor of Accounting.
He joins the Fox School from the Community College of Philadelphia (CCP), where he had served since 2004 as a faculty member and Director of Education Services.
At CCP, Williams served on committees to support the college’s five-year strategic plan and promote programs designed to improve success rates for students of color. He also launched an entrepreneurship education program with CCP’s largest grant award to date.
Williams earned his Doctor of Education in Higher Education Management from the University of Pennsylvania. He received his Master of Science in Taxation and Financial Planning from Widener University, and a Bachelor of Business Administration in Accounting from the Fox School.
- Tax Policy and Compliance
- Tax Planning
- Entrepreneurship and Small Business Growth
- Financial Literacy and decision-making
- Student Learning Outcomes Success
- National Association of Black Accountants, Professional Member of the Year Award, 2018
- Accounting SPO Banquet Keynote Speaker, 2017
- Co-Author, “Exploring common correlates of business undergraduate satisfaction with their degree program versus expected employment,” Journal of Education for Business, 94, no.1 (September 27, 2018) 31-39.
- Co-Author, “Further Exploring Differences in Business Undergraduate Perceived Outcomes by Preferred Classroom Learning Environment,” Journal of Education and Learning 7, no. 5 (June 18, 2018): 20-30.
- Co-Author, “Challenges in Valuing Mergers and Acquisitions in the Wine Industry,” Journal of Wine Economics: Selected Proceedings, June 2018.
- Co-Author, “The Section 199A Passthrough Deduction,” Real Estate Law Journal 47, no. 1 (Summer 2018): 78-92.
- Federal Taxes on Income, ACCT 3531
- Auditing, ACCT 3596
- Accounting for Managerial and Investment Planning, ACCT 5001
- Concepts and Analysis of Financial Statements, ACCT 5207
- Taxes and Business Strategy, ACCT 5209
- Higher Education Economics and Finance, ED8102
- Temple University – Faculty Advisor, National Association of Black Accountants
- Temple University – Fox School of Business EO Ombudsperson
- Temple University Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) – Tax Return Reviewer
- City of Philadelphia Revenue Commissioner’s Tax Advisory Committee
- Philadelphia Industrial Development Corporation (PIDC) – Loan Committee
- Philadelphia Chamber of Commerce – PHL Growth Council Connector
- YouthBuild Charter School – Finance Committee
- He is a regular contributor to local media on income tax and small business issues.