M. Michael Zuckerman, J.D., M.B.A., A.C.I. is an Associate Professor (Instruction) in Risk and Insurance Management at Temple University’s Fox School of Business in Philadelphia. He also serves as the Academic Director for the Fox School’s Risk, Insurance, and Healthcare Management Department (RIHM) Enterprise Risk Management initiative, which includes the development and ongoing management of its annual Enterprise Risk Management Conference at Fox, which began in 2018. His research and teaching focus include Enterprise Risk Management and the design, implementation, and operation of advanced alternative risk financing and transfer programs. Professor Zuckerman rejoined the Fox School full-time in 2012 from Aon, where he served as Managing Director and Alternative Risk Financing Practice Leader for the Health Care Industry Group. Professor Zuckerman’s three decades of industry experience include executive positions at Thomas Jefferson University, Willis, Marsh and Temple University Health System. He also consults on Risk Management and Insurance issues and is also a frequent speaker and writer on Alternative Risk Financing and general Risk Management subject matter.
- Michael Zuckerman of Temple University Fox School of Business makes the case for a captive insurance company independent board director
- Enterprise Risk Management: Captive Insurance, Reinsurance, and Driving Stakeholder Value (pp. 9 -14)
- An Actuarial Advantage in the Classroom: An Interview with Michael Zuckerman of Temple University
- Captive Insurance Times
- 2010 Outstanding Educator Award from the Insurance Society of Philadelphia
- 2010 H. Wayne Snider Distinguished Alumni Award from Temple University’s Fox School of Business and Management
- 2017 “Faculty of the Year” honors for teaching in the Temple University Fox School of Business Master of Science Actuarial Science program.
- 2016-17 Gamma Iota Sigma, Sigma Chapter Outstanding Teacher Award
- 2019 Fellow in Captive Insurance awarded by the International Center for Captive Insurance Education
- Businesses are facing unforeseen challenges. Can captive insurance models protect them?
- Risk Management Strategies for Global Crisis
- "EIIA appoints Michael Zuckerman as independent director," EIIA, Mar. 29, 2022.
- "CICA: 50 years of progress," Captive International's 50th-anniversary publication, Mar. 11, 2022.
- "Hidden Talent Update," Captive Insurance TImes, Nov. 10, 2021.
- "Product Liability Insurance," AdvisorSmith, Aug. 11, 2021.